Old 19-05-2005, 10:02 PM
Dave Liquorice

On Thu, 19 May 2005 20:34:27 +0100, Kay wrote:

Tack a piece of string with a weight to each face of the post. If
the post leans in one direction, the string will hang away from that
face.

I like it, simple and effective but you need to ensure that the
suspension point is the same distance from the post as the thickness
of the weight.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Old 19-05-2005, 10:25 PM
Mike Lyle

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Thu, 19 May 2005 20:34:27 +0100, Kay wrote:

Tack a piece of string with a weight to each face of the post. If
the post leans in one direction, the string will hang away from

that
face.

I like it, simple and effective but you need to ensure that the
suspension point is the same distance from the post as the

thickness
of the weight.

I like ingenious cost-free solutions to problems, but I reckon I'd go
for the post level from Screwfix at under three quid. Quicker,
easier, more accurate.

--
Mike.

Old 20-05-2005, 09:38 AM
Kay

In article , Janet Tweedy
writes
In article , Kay
writes
Tack a piece of string with a weight to each face of the post. If the
post leans in one direction, the string will hang away from that face.

But by that time Kay, the metpost and wooden post will be in position
and it will be difficult to adjust it won't it?

I'm assuming you either use the post itself or a shorter post in the
metpost as something to wallop on.

--
Kay

Old 20-05-2005, 11:24 AM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Kay
writes
In article , Janet Tweedy
writes
In article , Kay
writes
Tack a piece of string with a weight to each face of the post. If the
post leans in one direction, the string will hang away from that face.

But by that time Kay, the metpost and wooden post will be in position
and it will be difficult to adjust it won't it?

I'm assuming you either use the post itself or a shorter post in the
metpost as something to wallop on.

I was going to sue those metal thingys that you stick in the top of the
metpost. Made of metal I assumed they were to protect the tops of the
metpost being savagely squashed.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy