Old 19-05-2005, 05:33 PM
datsy

Default hanging baskets out of fashion?

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0100n...name_page.html

Old 19-05-2005, 10:38 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "datsy" contains these words:

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0100n...name_page.html

No, I didn't visit - but tomatoes such as Tumbler grow nicely in them.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 20-05-2005, 12:45 PM
Victoria Clare

"datsy" wrote in
:

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0100n...ctid=15452542&
method=full&siteid=50082&headline=are-hanging-baskets-really-the-white-
stiletto-of-gardening--name_page.html

There was a nice long article about them on gardener's world the other day.
I think the 'hanging baskets are out of fashion' thing is actually a bit
out of fashion itself now.

Pots are very in: why are 'flying pots' any more work, specially now we all
have the jelly granules and can choose from a wide range of relatively
drought-tolerant plants rather than just silly moistureloving lobelia.

I have a basket of ivy-leaved toadflax which has been flowering non-stop
for the last 2 months: I expect it to continue till the frosts. I rarely
bother to water it. I don't know why it isn't sold commercially as a
hanging basket filler - maybe cos it is just sooooo easy to propagate?

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill
in South-East Cornwall