Old 26-05-2005, 04:32 PM
Victoria Clare

Default Comedy composters

Ridiculously expensive, but these did make me laugh:

http://www.rolypig.co.uk/

Alas, even if I could afford one it would roll off down the hill!

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill
in South-East Cornwall
Old 26-05-2005, 08:25 PM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

jane wrote:
On Thu, 26 May 2005 16:32:44 +0100, Victoria Clare
wrote:

~
~Ridiculously expensive, but these did make me laugh:
~
~http://www.rolypig.co.uk/
~
~Alas, even if I could afford one it would roll off down the hill!
~
~Victoria
~--
~gardening on a north-facing hill
~in South-East Cornwall

'tis indeed cute (and I have sent the URL to a pig-mad gardening
friend who will no doubt have a giggle!) BUT what on earth do they
think they are charging? Yikes!

I shall stick to my heap behind the shed...

jane

My parents are looking for a 60th birthday gift for a porcine-obsessed
gardening friend, but £170?! What the heck are they made from?!

It would be cheaper for her to do what she was originally going to do - buy
the real thing and use the manure (is piggy poo beneficial?) Let's face it,
it does exactly the same thing and there's the added bonus of not having to
roll it (it's self-rolling) and the companionship (if you like that kind of
thing...)

Guess it'll have to be the ornamental "twiggy piggy" we saw in a gift shop
in Thame.

But, yes, good for a giggle - can't see they'll be selling many at that
price, especially if they're self-assembly. For that price, I'd either want
it delivered ready assembled, or for them to supply oh, I dunno... Jonny
Wilkinson to assemble it for me...

Sarah

(not gardening anywhere, residing in South Buckinghamshire, with death row
on the kitchen windowsill. Plants don't like me, I even managed to kill a
cactus)

Gardening comedy Baz[_3_] United Kingdom 1 13-10-2013 09:03 AM
Gardening, food comedy night on BBC2 5-12-2006 George.com United Kingdom 14 06-12-2006 11:08 PM
Council Composters?? MG United Kingdom 5 29-04-2003 07:56 PM
Composters and Woodlice JP United Kingdom 1 16-03-2003 06:08 PM