Old 28-05-2005, 03:55 PM
Theo Markettos

Default Plant presents by post

I'm looking to buy a houseplant as a present for a relative, but as they're
a long way away I'd have to order it by post (the local florist now doesn't
stock much due to the Sainsbury's monstrosity next door). I was wondering
whether anyone had any suggestions for suppliers? Google shows me a large
number but I can't tell their quality. Does anyone have any suppliers to
whom they go to buy plants normally who might have a nicely presented
houseplant selection? Preferably somewhere with at least a catalogue on
t'interweb since I've left it a bit late :-)

http://www.plants4presents.co.uk/ looks interesting, if a little limited
selection. Any experiences of sites like these?

Thanks
Theo

PS Type 'houseplants by post' into google and it comes up with 'New & used
Houseplants from ebay.' I think I want a used one :-)
Old 28-05-2005, 04:17 PM

Crocus are good, we had a plant sent via them, arrived in very good
condition.

Mike

Old 28-05-2005, 09:08 PM
Tumbleweed

"Theo Markettos" wrote in message
[...]

I have found flowers/plants (Including orchids with lots of fragile flowers)
sent from M&S arrive well packed and in good cond. Have received several and
sent several.

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

Christmas presents Sacha United Kingdom 2 21-11-2006 09:51 AM
Presents Chris J Dixon United Kingdom 12 18-11-2006 10:55 PM
Taking a pot shot at plant presents Bill Landers Orchids 13 25-09-2006 03:21 AM
McInnis presents clear-cuting Bill in Owellian Fashion! Donald L Ferrt alt.forestry 0 01-05-2003 05:32 PM
AYTOK Drip Irrigation Equipments , Presents its Products... Tokmak Gardening 0 31-03-2003 01:44 PM