Old 30-05-2005, 01:02 AM
Margret

Default scented geraniums

Can someone please let me know which is the geranium that has the best
scent? I have a cinnamon scented one, and one with a lemonish scent; but
neither is very strong. Is there a strong scented type?
Cheers, Margret

Old 31-05-2005, 09:40 PM
VX

On Mon, 30 May 2005 0:02:24 +0100, Margret wrote
(in message ):

Can someone please let me know which is the geranium that has the best
scent? I have a cinnamon scented one, and one with a lemonish scent; but
neither is very strong. Is there a strong scented type?
Cheers, Margret

Are you rubbing the leaves?- that's how the scent is given off, there is
usually very little without actually disturbing the leaves in some way.
There's rather a lot of different varieties and different people seem to like
different ones- I have several and everybody seems to have a different
favourite. One of the most common and one might assume most popular is
Pelargonium Graveolens which is what most people mean when they say
lemon-scented geranium and it is easy to grow and the scent is (relatively)
strong- out of the ten or so ones I have it is the strongest as far as my
sense of smell is concerned. But bear in mind that the sense of smell varies
quite a lot from person to person- i have one I can't smell at all but
everyone else can, PLUS different people seem to sense different smells from
the same plant! My own favourite is "Attar of roses" followed by "Creamy
nutmeg".

If you'd like to see what's available and maybe identify which ones you've
got, take a look at the relevant section (scented pelargoniums, scented
geraniums) of these sites:

http://www.geraniumsuk.com/

http://www.woottensplants.co.uk/htm/...largoniums_sce
nted.asp (or just http://www.woottensplants.co.uk )

http://www.fibrex.co.uk/pela2.asp?Ca...bCategoryID=13

--
VX (remove alcohol for email)

Old 14-07-2005, 01:49 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margret
Can someone please let me know which is the geranium that has the best
scent? I have a cinnamon scented one, and one with a lemonish scent; but
neither is very strong. Is there a strong scented type?
Cheers, Margret

Try either www.geraniumsuk.com
or www.firtreespelargoniums.co.uk

These sites have a good selection alternatively why not swap cuttings? Contact me if you are interested.