Old 21-06-2005, 11:48 AM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Kay
writes

The only ones I know are B davidii, B globosa, and that other one with
round flowers in apricot which flowers a lot later. What other species
are regularly grown in gardens in the UK - or even uncommonly grown?
It's not a genus I've ever taken a lot of interest in.

Kay I'll send you a picture of my Buddleia Alternitfolia. It's a must
have, and I'll root you a couple of cuttings.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 21-06-2005, 12:27 PM
Dave

Can anyone tell me why my buddliea flowers are like this? Can you tell
me how to fix it? Thank you

Those look like last year's dead flowers to me. Isn't it a bit early for
buddleia to be in flower?

Depends of the species, but the common B. davidii isn't in flower yet.

Just looked at mine.. Small flowerheads not fully formed. Usually very
good for Red Admirals when in flower, but coincidentally saw my first RA
today on the pink escallonia which is in flower atm.

The only ones I know are B davidii, B globosa, and that other one with
round flowers in apricot which flowers a lot later. What other species
are regularly grown in gardens in the UK - or even uncommonly grown?
It's not a genus I've ever taken a lot of interest in.

Charlie Pridham writes

My year starts with B. salvifolia alba around Christmas, this is followed by
B. madagascariensis in early spring then B. salvifolia in April, B.
fallowiana by June then all the davidias and one of my favourites B. x
weyeriana. later in the Autumn B. colvelii and forsterii are lovely. All
make splendid climbing frames for clematis!

Deeply envious :-) In my next life I'm going to live and garden in
cornwall....
--
David
Old 21-06-2005, 09:53 PM
Kay

In article , Glen Able
writes

Say, how come nobody mentioned B. alternifolia?

Completely forgot it, as I realised when I went outside and saw mine
covered in bloom

There seem to be a few
varieties including a smaller one with silvery grey foliage. Mine have
been completely coated in flowers for the last few weeks and they have a
lovely scent - similar to the familiar buddleja smell but sweeter and
fresher.

Hmmm..

--
Kay

Old 21-06-2005, 09:54 PM
Kay

In article , Janet Tweedy
writes
In article , Kay
writes

The only ones I know are B davidii, B globosa, and that other one with
round flowers in apricot which flowers a lot later. What other species
are regularly grown in gardens in the UK - or even uncommonly grown?
It's not a genus I've ever taken a lot of interest in.

Kay I'll send you a picture of my Buddleia Alternitfolia. It's a must
have, and I'll root you a couple of cuttings.

No thanks!!!!! ;-)

I've got one already. Probably from you! :-)
--
Kay