Old 22-06-2005, 03:02 PM
Registered User

Default Gardening Design Project Help

Hello Everybody
I am currently studying for an MSc in Industrial Design at the university of Teesside. For my final year major project I am looking into gardening and different problem areas that people experience when gardening.
I have identified and researched areas such as kneeling to weed soil, garden storage, heavy lifting of ornaments grow bags watering cans etc, handling wheelbarrows, using garden machinery, carrying tools and equipment, Composting solutions and so on.

For this project I need to get as much perspective on the problem area as possible and the opinions of as many different people as possible to give as broader insight into the subject area as possible and a wide range of unique and individual opinions on the matter.

Any feedback from the users of this forum on any problems or difficulties of any kind no matter how big or small that they have faced or encountered when gardening or doing any activities in the garden would be greatly appreciated and be a very worthy contribution to eventually designing and developing a useful piece of gardening equipment designed with the wants and needs of the user in mind.

Thank you
Michael Reznor. BSc (Hons)

Email: -
Old 22-06-2005, 07:11 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from Trent contains these words:

Hello Everybody
I am currently studying for an MSc in Industrial Design at the
university of Teesside. For my final year major project I am looking
into gardening and different problem areas that people experience when
gardening.
I have identified and researched areas such as kneeling to weed soil,
garden storage, heavy lifting of ornaments grow bags watering cans etc,
handling wheelbarrows, using garden machinery, carrying tools and
equipment, Composting solutions and so on.

How did you research this area? See below. I need as much
perspective as possible on your unique experiences.

For this project I need to get as much perspective on the problem area
as possible and the opinions of as many different people as possible to
give as broader insight into the subject area as possible and a wide
range of unique and individual opinions on the matter.

I'm running a research project into the depth and value of university
research conducted by students via gardening newsgroups. To do this I
need the name and postal address of your head of department. Of course,
I could use a websearch to find out, but I really can't be bothered to
make the effort. It will only take a moment of your time so just post it
here please.

It's really important because my research could save taxpayers money.

Janet.
Old 22-06-2005, 07:53 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Trent contains these words:

I am currently studying for an MSc in Industrial Design

When I did the course it was an NDD...

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/