Old 23-06-2005, 09:58 AM
Peter

Default ID please

On holiday last week in the lake district I took these photos from the car
http://peter4007.fotopic.net/c589417.html
Can anyone advise what is the flower?

Thanks
Peter

Old 23-06-2005, 11:11 AM
Serena Blanchflower

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 09:58:59 +0100, Peter wrote:

On holiday last week in the lake district I took these photos from the car
http://peter4007.fotopic.net/c589417.html
Can anyone advise what is the flower?

Looks like the Poached Egg plant, aka Limanthes.

--
Cheers, Serena
Sometimes I sits and thinks ... and sometimes I just sits. (Punch
Old 23-06-2005, 11:38 AM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "Peter" contains these words:

On holiday last week in the lake district I took these photos from the car
http://peter4007.fotopic.net/c589417.html
Can anyone advise what is the flower?

Limnanthes douglasii or poached-egg flower. The seed is commonly
stocked in garden centres, very easy to grow, just scatter it thinly
where you want the plants; a nice one for children to grow. It's a hardy
annual but self seeds prolifically for future years.Bees like it.

Janet
Old 23-06-2005, 04:18 PM
Peter

The garden centre thought they were too small to be Poached egg plants - Do
they flower profusely as in the photo? (excuse my ignorance)

. ..

Old 23-06-2005, 06:11 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "Peter" contains these words:

The garden centre thought they were too small to be Poached egg plants -

They obviously hadn't a clue what poached egg plant is or looks like.
Maybe they thought they would be the size of poached eggs?

Do
they flower profusely as in the photo? (excuse my ignorance)

Yes.

You can check this out for yourself in google. Click on "images",
type in the name, press search..

Janet.

Old 23-06-2005, 07:33 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Peter" contains these words:

The garden centre thought they were too small to be Poached egg plants - Do
they flower profusely as in the photo? (excuse my ignorance)

Looks like a poached egg plant to me. Perhaps they're bantams' eggs?

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/