Old 23-06-2005, 06:14 PM
Peter

Default Shrivalled damsons?

Moved into the house 3 years ago and only this year has any fruit appeared
in any quantity on the tree in the garden. However the majority are
shrivalled - any suggestions why? The first year 3 shrivalled grape sized
fruits appeared and none last year. Pictures at
http://peter4007.fotopic.net/c589417.html

Old 23-06-2005, 09:59 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "Peter" contains these words:

Moved into the house 3 years ago and only this year has any fruit appeared
in any quantity on the tree in the garden. However the majority are
shrivalled - any suggestions why? The first year 3 shrivalled grape sized
fruits appeared and none last year. Pictures at
http://peter4007.fotopic.net/c589417.html

It's called pocket plum disease, and I don't think there's any cure.
Our damson got it and went from being a hugely prolific tree to a basket
case:-(

Janet

damsons bullace Leslie[_2_] United Kingdom 3 24-03-2012 03:26 PM
Damsons Leslie[_2_] United Kingdom 2 22-03-2012 08:10 PM
Sloes/damsons (slightly OT) Sue United Kingdom 28 25-09-2007 10:11 PM
When do i pick Damsons? r.p.mcmurphy United Kingdom 2 05-09-2005 02:31 PM
Small Somerset Damsons- What are they? Peter Hemmings United Kingdom 3 12-07-2003 11:08 PM