Old 29-06-2005, 08:38 AM
Registered User

Lightbulb clematis from seed

I've grown my first clematis from seed...I gathered the seed in march this year...I placed them, fluffy bits and all, on top of a multi purpose compost, and watered with rainwater..then in a propagator until the seedlings emerged..kept them on the windowsill till they had two pairs of true leaves, then potted them up......
Old 29-06-2005, 01:26 PM
Kay

In article , solaara solaara.1rdovz@
gardenbanter.co.uk writes

I've grown my first clematis from seed...I gathered the seed in march
this year...I placed them, fluffy bits and all, on top of a multi
purpose compost, and watered with rainwater..then in a propagator until
the seedlings emerged..kept them on the windowsill till they had two
pairs of true leaves, then potted them up......

Lovely! Which species, do you know?

I have tried Clematis alpina from seed a couple of times and failed, but
would like to propagate it as it's so difficult to establish in my
garden because of the slugs. I could try cuttings, but I'm even worse at
those than I am at seed.
--
Kay

Old 29-06-2005, 09:41 PM
Registered User

Question

[quote=
[/i][/color]
Lovely! Which species, do you know?

I have tried Clematis alpina from seed a couple of times and failed, but
would like to propagate it as it's so difficult to establish in my
garden because of the slugs. I could try cuttings, but I'm even worse at
those than I am at seed.
--
I dont know the name...but it was a small yellow flower.....if that's any help.......solaara
Old 01-07-2005, 02:20 AM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Kay
writes
In article , solaara solaara.1rdovz@
gardenbanter.co.uk writes

I've grown my first clematis from seed...I gathered the seed in march
this year...I placed them, fluffy bits and all, on top of a multi
purpose compost, and watered with rainwater..then in a propagator until
the seedlings emerged..kept them on the windowsill till they had two
pairs of true leaves, then potted them up......

Lovely! Which species, do you know?

I have tried Clematis alpina from seed a couple of times and failed, but
would like to propagate it as it's so difficult to establish in my
garden because of the slugs. I could try cuttings, but I'm even worse at
those than I am at seed.

Bill macenzie is easy from seeds as is Tangutica. I've done several but
given them away as I prefer the little macropetla and Viticella types.

janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph