Old 03-07-2005, 05:36 PM
Emrys Davies

Default Garlic loving animal?

"shell" wrote in message
I had 3 garlic bulbs growing a pot, went to check on them this evening

and
one of the bulbs had been dug up. I found it on the ground behind the

pot
with the stem missing, but have no idea who the culprit is.
We live on the outskirts of a town and we have local foxes, mice and
muntjack deer. There are also lots of cats around, 2 of which are

ours.
Any ideas?

Magpies and blackbirds do that sort of thing, hunting for worms.

Regards,
Emrys Davies

Old 03-07-2005, 05:59 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from shell contains these words:

I had 3 garlic bulbs growing a pot, went to check on them this evening and
one of the bulbs had been dug up. I found it on the ground behind the pot
with the stem missing, but have no idea who the culprit is.
We live on the outskirts of a town and we have local foxes, mice and
muntjack deer. There are also lots of cats around, 2 of which are ours.

Probably a blackbird - they love pulling things up, especially if they
look like nest-uilding material. They are experts with onion sets and
recently-planted shallotts.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Garlic - garlic.jpg Ann Garden Photos 2 03-04-2008 11:31 AM
The Dr Hadwen Trust is the UK's leading medical research charity that funds and promotes exclusively non-animal research techniques to replace animal experiments Cerumen[_3_] United Kingdom 1 23-08-2007 04:57 PM
Shade loving plants? JB Australia 1 31-03-2003 02:32 AM
Shade-loving ground cover to supress weeds David Hare-Scott Australia 8 29-03-2003 01:56 PM
Advice for an Orchid Loving Northerner Jeanne Kokx Orchids 2 28-02-2003 03:18 AM