Old 14-07-2005, 08:28 PM
Mike Lyle

David Rance wrote:
[...]
The Collins-Robert French-English dictionary (the big one) gives
Chanterelle as the English for Girolle.

I've found the medium-sized one may not be reliable about food: gets
cummin and caraway mixed up, for example.

--
Mike.

Old 14-07-2005, 08:37 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message k
from Sacha contains these words:

URG's very own truffle hound - how sweet. ;-)

More of a truffle pig, Sacha... more intelligent, and deadlier.

:~}

Janet
Old 14-07-2005, 09:40 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains these words:
David Rance wrote:
[...]
The Collins-Robert French-English dictionary (the big one) gives
Chanterelle as the English for Girolle.

I've found the medium-sized one may not be reliable about food: gets
cummin and caraway mixed up, for example.

I use Harrap's New Shorter French and English Dictionary - and if that's
their idea of shorter, I wish I had room for the longer one...

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/