Old 01-08-2005, 10:57 PM
tenplay

Default Weed-resistant grass?

My large lawn seems to always attract weeds and crabgrass. I'm out
there weeding 3-4 times a week. I marvel at lawns that are green, thick
and virtually weed-free. Is it the type of grass they are using that
makes the difference? If there is, I'm willing to take out the current
lawn and plant or roll out a new weed-resistant lawn. I live in WEstern
Washington state. Thanks.
Old 02-08-2005, 01:40 PM
Hal

On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 14:57:16 -0700, tenplay wrote:

My large lawn seems to always attract weeds and crabgrass. I'm out
there weeding 3-4 times a week. I marvel at lawns that are green, thick
and virtually weed-free. Is it the type of grass they are using that
makes the difference? If there is, I'm willing to take out the current
lawn and plant or roll out a new weed-resistant lawn. I live in WEstern
Washington state. Thanks.

All lawn grasses are weed resistant to some degree. They should be
cut to their ideal height so other grasses and weeds are cut too short
allowing the chosen lawn grass to dominate the area.

I live in Middle Georgia where Centipede grass is my favorite, but I
also have Hybrid Bermuda and St Augustine in places. Each of these
grasses has it's own desirable characteristics. The Centipede is
pretty resistant to drought and needs little fertilizer, just water
and cut most of the time. The Hybrid Bermuda tolerates more foot
traffic than the others and St Augustine grows in shade, like the
North side of the house. I never tended a lawn in your part of the
county and think you should be looking to local sources for
information as to what kind of grass will work best for you and how to
care for it.

I'd suggest you start he
http://ext.wsu.edu/

Regards,

Hal
Old 08-08-2005, 12:27 AM
Marc

And a lot of care, and water, and fertilizer, OH and cutting and aerations
and a lot of care, and water, and fertilizer, OH and cutting and aerations
and a lot of care, and water, and fertilizer, OH and cutting and aerations
nd a lot of care, and water, and fertilizer, OH and cutting and aerations.
And did I mention nd a lot of care, and water, and fertilizer, OH and
cutting and aerations.

Plant gardens and do away with the grass!!!!!!!

Marc