Old 26-04-2003, 01:22 PM
Archimedes Plutonium

Default building a mosquito resistant moveable garden shelter to weed

Chris Garvey wrote:

In sci.bio.botany Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
: I like to weed my gardens but I do not like mosquitoes and biting flies.

We have plenty of ply repellant plants here in australia.
oops fly
I guess most climates do?

erastothenes

When I lived and worked as a maths teacher in Melbourne Australia, 1974-76
I was intrigued by the flys of Australia. They behaved like none in the USA.
These flys were bold and daring and would coat your back if given a
reasonable
chance. They were not blood sucking but seemed to go after body moisture.
Some would try to get close to the lips and mouth and very persistent.

I would guess that the Australian fly was a different species from any in the
USA to explain their bold behaviour evolving on a dry continent. I do not
remember
any ticks in Australia, nor many mosquitos but that was probably because I
spent
most of my time in and around Melbourne.

Archimedes Plutonium,

Plants / Tips to shelter fry David Sim Ponds 1 23-03-2006 06:08 PM
Orchid Hurricane Shelter -- near Jupiter, Florida Kenni Judd Orchids 0 10-11-2005 11:52 PM
Disease Resistant/Mildew Resistant Tomato SH United Kingdom 7 04-01-2004 03:52 AM
Shelter for Koi? Michael Shaffer Ponds 6 28-04-2003 07:08 AM
building a mosquito resistant moveable garden shelter to weed gardens Archimedes Plutonium Plant Science 3 26-04-2003 01:22 PM