Old 26-04-2003, 01:21 PM
Archimedes Plutonium

Default building a mosquito resistant moveable garden shelter to weed gardens

I like to weed my gardens but I do not like mosquitoes and biting flies.
So
what I am thinking of building next summer is a teepee like structure. I
have
6 steel pipes that are about 5 meters long. What I am thinking of doing
is
fastening a wheel on each pipe and constructing some TeePee like
structure
so I can roll the TeePee around in my gardens. Of course I will get
mosquito
proof nylon netting and fasten them the length of the TeePee. So I wheel
the
TeePee around in my strawberry patches or onions or asparagus or spinach

or others. Get inside the Teepee and do my work without ever having to
worry about any insects biting me.

What I have not yet thought out is how to fasten the 6 pipes at the top.
I suppose
some sort of metal hoop. I suppose the Indians used some sort of rope.
Maybe
nylon rope?

Old 26-04-2003, 01:22 PM
Iris Cohen

I like to weed my gardens but I do not like mosquitoes and biting flies.
Why not wear insect repellent like normal people?

Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
"The trouble with people is not that they don't know but that they know so much
that ain't so."
Josh Billings (Henry Wheeler Shaw), 1818-1885
Old 26-04-2003, 01:22 PM

It seems to me that you could adapt a bee keeper's suit for gardening.
If the netting is not fine enough for mosquitoes you could remedy that
easily. In general if you wear a bulky shirt with long sleaves and
tuch your pants into your socks that would take care of most.

Old 26-04-2003, 01:22 PM
Gordon Couger

"Archimedes Plutonium" wrote in message
[...]

Spray it with mosquito repellant called DDT.

Gordon

Plants / Tips to shelter fry David Sim Ponds 1 23-03-2006 06:08 PM
Orchid Hurricane Shelter -- near Jupiter, Florida Kenni Judd Orchids 0 10-11-2005 11:52 PM
Disease Resistant/Mildew Resistant Tomato SH United Kingdom 7 04-01-2004 03:52 AM
Shelter for Koi? Michael Shaffer Ponds 6 28-04-2003 07:08 AM
building a mosquito resistant moveable garden shelter to weed Archimedes Plutonium Plant Science 0 26-04-2003 01:22 PM