Old 02-06-2007, 08:13 AM posted to rec.gardens
Ook Ook is offline

Default Ortho Bug B Gon Max question

My wife inadvertantly used Ortho Bug B Gon Max spray on a row of lettuce and
mustard. The bottle does not list this particular vegetable at all on the
outside of the label, and the inside of the label has been damaged to the
point where I can't read it. Does anyone have any information about using
this on lettuce and mustard? Should I destroy the plants, or can they be
eaten after a certain amount of time?

Old 02-06-2007, 01:51 PM posted to rec.gardens

Pesticides
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/spring.html

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Old 02-06-2007, 02:10 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 23:13:58 -0700, "Ook" Ook Don't send me any
spam wrote:

My wife inadvertantly used Ortho Bug B Gon Max spray on a row of lettuce and
mustard. The bottle does not list this particular vegetable at all on the
outside of the label, and the inside of the label has been damaged to the
point where I can't read it. Does anyone have any information about using
this on lettuce and mustard? Should I destroy the plants, or can they be
eaten after a certain amount of time?

Doesn't matter about labeling.

Labeling does matter. It is a federal law violation to use any
controlled pesticide not in accordance with the label.

If the label defines how the product can be used on that crop and the
instructions are followed there should not be a problem.

John

Old 02-06-2007, 02:18 PM posted to rec.gardens

symplastless wrote:
Pesticides
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/spring.html

Even better, go to http://www.ortho.com or look for contact information
on what's left of the product label and look for assistance there.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:42 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Pennyaline" wrote in message
symplastless wrote:
Pesticides
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/spring.html

Even better, go to http://www.ortho.com or look for contact information on
what's left of the product label and look for assistance there.

Don't be ridiculous. Why would anyone go to the manufacturer's site for
information about their products? If you can't contribute something useful,
please go away.

Old 02-06-2007, 03:55 PM posted to rec.gardens
Lar Lar is offline

Ook wrote:
My wife inadvertantly used Ortho Bug B Gon Max spray on a row of lettuce and
mustard. The bottle does not list this particular vegetable at all on the
outside of the label, and the inside of the label has been damaged to the
point where I can't read it. Does anyone have any information about using
this on lettuce and mustard? Should I destroy the plants, or can they be
eaten after a certain amount of time?

Hunt down the label on the web..call the manufacturer..read another
label on a product at the store. If the product is not made for the
plants destroy the plants.

Lar
Old 02-06-2007, 06:16 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ook Ook is offline

symplastless wrote:
Pesticides
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/spring.html

Even better, go to http://www.ortho.com or look for contact information on
what's left of the product label and look for assistance there.

I did. The web site generated errors, and I was unable to find what I was
looking for there.

Old 02-06-2007, 06:17 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ook Ook is offline

"Lar" wrote in message
Ook wrote:
My wife inadvertantly used Ortho Bug B Gon Max spray on a row of lettuce
and mustard. The bottle does not list this particular vegetable at all on
the outside of the label, and the inside of the label has been damaged to
the point where I can't read it. Does anyone have any information about
using this on lettuce and mustard? Should I destroy the plants, or can
they be eaten after a certain amount of time?

Hunt down the label on the web..call the manufacturer..read another label
on a product at the store. If the product is not made for the plants
destroy the plants.

Lar

I think I'll have to call them, I was hoping someone here might actually
know something usefull. So far, your advice to call them is the best advice
I've received . The website generates errors, and I can't find what I'm
looking for there.

Old 02-06-2007, 06:22 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ook Ook is offline

spam wrote:

My wife inadvertantly used Ortho Bug B Gon Max spray on a row of lettuce
and
mustard. The bottle does not list this particular vegetable at all on the
outside of the label, and the inside of the label has been damaged to the
point where I can't read it. Does anyone have any information about using
this on lettuce and mustard? Should I destroy the plants, or can they be
eaten after a certain amount of time?

Doesn't matter about labeling.

Labeling does matter. It is a federal law violation to use any
controlled pesticide not in accordance with the label.

If the label defines how the product can be used on that crop and the
instructions are followed there should not be a problem.

John

The label is partially destroyed...

Ahh, the website is working this morning. Alas, the info there is not as
detailed as what is on the label, go figure? Guess it's phone call time.....

Old 02-06-2007, 06:35 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ook Ook is offline

"Lar" wrote in message
Ook wrote:
My wife inadvertantly used Ortho Bug B Gon Max spray on a row of lettuce
and mustard. The bottle does not list this particular vegetable at all
on the outside of the label, and the inside of the label has been
damaged to the point where I can't read it. Does anyone have any
information about using this on lettuce and mustard? Should I destroy
the plants, or can they be eaten after a certain amount of time?

Hunt down the label on the web..call the manufacturer..read another label
on a product at the store. If the product is not made for the plants
destroy the plants.

Lar

I think I'll have to call them, I was hoping someone here might actually
know something usefull. So far, your advice to call them is the best
advice I've received . The website generates errors, and I can't find
what I'm looking for there.

Ah, the website is up. And they don't have the vegetable list there, so I
called them. The only information the gentleman could give me was they could
not recommend consuming any non-listed vegetable. Suckage. Well, look on the
bright side. I have 15 pepper plants left over that I need a place for - now
I have room for them LOL.

Moral of the story - don't let your wife get near your garden with bug
spray!

Old 02-06-2007, 06:45 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Ook" Ook Don't send me any freakin' spam at zootal dot com delete the
Don't send me any freakin' spam wrote in message

Moral of the story - don't let your wife get near your garden with bug
spray!

Or suggest she read the label next time.

Old 02-06-2007, 07:15 PM posted to rec.gardens

symplastless wrote:
Pesticides
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/spring.html

Even better, go to http://www.ortho.com or look for contact information on
what's left of the product label and look for assistance there.

Don't be ridiculous. Why would anyone go to the manufacturer's site for
information about their products? If you can't contribute something useful,
please go away.

shuffling off, head down, ashamed

Old 02-06-2007, 07:19 PM posted to rec.gardens

symplastless wrote:
Pesticides
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/spring.html

Even better, go to http://www.ortho.com or look for contact information
on what's left of the product label and look for assistance there.

Don't be ridiculous. Why would anyone go to the manufacturer's site for
information about their products? If you can't contribute something
useful, please go away.

shuffling off, head down, ashamed

Don't be ashamed! Obviously, if you've read all the post, he tried the
website anyway. I check company websites quite often for different
products. Some can be quite helpful. You never know til you try!

Old 02-06-2007, 07:20 PM posted to rec.gardens

Ook wrote:
Ah, the website is up. And they don't have the vegetable list there, so I
called them. The only information the gentleman could give me was they could
not recommend consuming any non-listed vegetable. Suckage. Well, look on the
bright side. I have 15 pepper plants left over that I need a place for - now
I have room for them LOL.

Moral of the story - don't let your wife get near your garden with bug
spray!

Or you could refrain from using bug spray. I mean, it happens.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:03 PM posted to rec.gardens

symplastless wrote:
Pesticides
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/spring.html

Even better, go to http://www.ortho.com or look for contact information
on what's left of the product label and look for assistance there.

Don't be ridiculous. Why would anyone go to the manufacturer's site for
information about their products? If you can't contribute something
useful, please go away.

shuffling off, head down, ashamed

That's right. Shame. :-)