Dahlia Tuber Not Sprouting

Old 24-07-2003, 07:22 PM
Louis Leciejewski

Default Dahlia Tuber Not Sprouting

Could someone please help me with a Dahlia related question?
I have an heirloom Dahlia tuber that grew ok last year and it
survived Winter storage here in Illinois. The tuber feels firm
when I planted it however I saw no "eye" (or sprout). I still
saw nothing and last week I carefully dug it up for inspection
and the tuber is very firm but no sprout yet. What can I do to
get the tuber to sprout and at least grow leaves for next year?
I hate to lose this tuber since I have had it growing all these
years since my Grandmother died over 20 years ago.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Lou Leciejewski

Dahlia recommendation Spider United Kingdom 2 29-07-2004 11:05 PM
Dahlia Imperialis Charles Gardening 1 21-03-2003 04:56 PM
Dahlia World Starlord North Carolina 0 09-03-2003 07:34 PM
plant that grows from a relative of the Yam family? Vcoerulea Plant Biology 0 19-02-2003 01:36 AM
David's Dahlia Starlord Gardening 0 10-02-2003 04:55 PM