Old 04-08-2004, 10:31 PM
Karen

Default When to Goldfish turn gold?

In article , "Jabba"
writes:

Any pointers on when Goldfish become 'gold'?

some may never turn. I had one that didn't turn until it was 3 yrs old.

Karen
Zone 5
Ashland, OH
http://hometown.aol.com/kmam1/MyPond/MyPond.html
My Art Studio at
http://members.aol.com/kmmstudios/K....M.Studios.html
for email remove the extra extention

Old 04-08-2004, 10:55 PM
~ Windsong ~

"Jabba" wrote in message
Just a quick question ... I now have one large(ish) fish that is still

black
even though all the same generation are gold/white, and two young(ish)

fish
that are still black, as you might expect. The different fish is only just
over an inch and half long but is already white with a little bit of gold
(like his dad ;-)).

Any pointers on when Goldfish become 'gold'?

=====================
I've had a few that never turned gold. I got rid of them.
--
Carol....
"Does killing time damage eternity?"

Old 05-08-2004, 05:58 PM
April1201

You got rid of them? Why? I've got three and I call them my shadow fish.
They swim around like little shadows in the water.
-----------------------------------
Subject: When to Goldfish turn gold?
From: "~ Windsong ~"
Date: 08/04/2004 2:55 PM Pacific
=====================
Old 05-08-2004, 05:58 PM
April1201

From: "~ Windsong ~"
Date: 08/04/2004 2:55 PM Pacific
=====================
Old 05-08-2004, 07:46 PM
~ Windsong ~

"April1201" wrote in message
You got rid of them? Why? I've got three and I call them my shadow fish.
They swim around like little shadows in the water.

==================================
Because they're too hard to see against the brownish black liner for one
thing, and yet use resources prettier fish can have. We like the Shubunkins
best and so keep culling those less attractive. A dark fish you can barely
see is not our idea of pretty. They would also ruin the colors of the
shubunkins when they breed. :-)

Old 06-08-2004, 05:48 AM
SVTKate

maybe there was a dark one in the wood pile...???
j/k

Kate