Old 29-05-2003, 05:22 AM
jammer

Default Wanted to see tads turn to toads, dang it!

I wont get any sympathy here, no one understands.

I have to leave town for 2 weeks because of a family emergency. Some
of the tads look almost like toads now, they should be leaving in the
next week.

I am so upset. Ya'll know how much i was digging this and had never
seen a baby toad......
Old 29-05-2003, 05:23 AM
K30a

I have to leave town for 2 weeks because of a family emergency.

Hope all goes well.
You never know, if the weather cools off where you are there still may be some
when you get back.
(I suppose taking some in a jar would be a little over the top...?)

k30a
Old 29-05-2003, 05:23 AM
Bonnie Espenshade

jammer wrote:
I wont get any sympathy here, no one understands.

I have to leave town for 2 weeks because of a family emergency. Some
of the tads look almost like toads now, they should be leaving in the
next week.

I am so upset. Ya'll know how much i was digging this and had never
seen a baby toad......

Of course we understand. I was thrilled the first time
I saw the little bitty toads hoping around the yard. I
wouldn't let DH mow until they all disappeared.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 29-05-2003, 06:08 AM
zookeeper

jammer wrote:
I have to leave town for 2 weeks because of a family emergency. Some
of the tads look almost like toads now, they should be leaving in the
next week.

I am so upset. Ya'll know how much i was digging this and had never
seen a baby toad......

Do you know anyone who could stop by and take pictures of your tad /
toads while you're gone? Next best thing, maybe?
--
zookeeper

Old 29-05-2003, 07:44 AM
jammer

Whoever asked could someone stop by and take pics, thanks, because i
am actually going to ask someone to do that! It will be the next best
thing and there is always next year.
Old 30-05-2003, 03:32 AM
mad

i'm so sorry about your stepfather. my condolences
mad
--
"...think of life as a terminal illness because if you do,
you will live it with joy and passion as it ought to be lived."

From: jammer j@mmer
Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 17:20:56 -0500
Subject: Wanted to see tads turn to toads, dang it!

On 28 May 2003 22:09:02 GMT, ESPMER (K30a) wrote:

Hope all goes well.
You never know, if the weather cools off where you are there still may be
some
when you get back.
(I suppose taking some in a jar would be a little over the top...?)

I just know i would kill them if i tried to save a couple to see. I
know they have to eat soon after absorbing their tails or the will
die. And honey, north texas wont see any cold weather until
october/november even....

Goes well....yes, me too, thanks. No condolenses are in order here as
i am happy for the man. My step-father died today and i have 2 weeks
of trying to sell stuff off, donate stuff, etc......oh brother. Gonna
miss my fish and tads and toads.

Old 14-06-2003, 06:20 PM
jammer

Hi fellow pond people.
I have returned and WOW, in 2 weeks the pond plants have grown to
where i have this little jungle out there. I have too many young
goldfish that i will be removing, and the best part of all?????

I have these darling little toads with tails! They didnt go away while
i was gone! I still get to see them! (really happy about this, of
course) They are bizarre as they no longer look like black tads, but
the toad bodies are forming, color has changed, and legs are visable.

It had been raining and the pond overflowed. I have about a teaspoon
of azolla left! But that is ok, that is enough to cover the whole pond
in a month. And the pond is clear to the bottom I need an updated
picture...

Old 14-06-2003, 11:08 PM
K30a

Welcome back, Jammer!!

k30a
Old 15-06-2003, 12:32 AM
jammer

On 14 Jun 2003 22:03:28 GMT, ESPMER (K30a) wrote:

Welcome back, Jammer!!

k30a

Thank you so much!