Old 15-07-2012, 02:16 AM
Beck Beck is offline
Registered User

Hi, it's not true! There are things that will grow under a yew tree. I have a mass of honeysuckle that I have trained round the trunks and up into the branches of the 2 massive yews in my garden. I also have cyclamen and geraniums under there. I am looking for other things to plant as I am not too keen on geraniums. Daphne was one suggestion I was given for a shrub, so I am going to give that a go and see how I get on. If anyone has any other suggestions other than 'nothing will grow there' I would love to hear them too. Thanks. Beck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle-C View Post
Hi there ! I'm sure this old chesnut has made a previous appearance !!
I need to cover or at least partially fill a shaded area underneath my
Yew tree. I have had very little success over the last growing season
so was wanting to ask what would be the best thing to plant.

Thanks

Uncle-C

High Wycombe - Chalk and flint abound !