Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-07-2005, 12:40 PM
James McNangle

Default Strange mould on lawn

I was doing a little weeding on the front 'lawn' today, when I noticed what
looked at first like a patch of yellow rice around some dichondra. On further
examination I realised that the 'rice grains' were actually the fruiting bodies
of some sort of fungus, which was actively attacking the dichondra and the
rather sparse grass. The affected area was about 20 centimetres by 30
centimetres. I don't recall having seen this fungus before, though I have seen
vaguely similar things in the past.

On past performance it should die out fairly quickly, without doing any serious
damage. If you are curious, I have put a photo of the fungus on my web site, at
the address below.

James McNangle, aka Roger Riordan AM.

http://www.corybas.com/Albums/Mould.htm

James McNangle

strange lawn pest Micro* Lawns 17 12-08-2006 07:50 AM
Strange Weed in Lawn Dave Lawns 5 01-09-2005 05:54 AM
Strange holes in lawn Flummoxed United Kingdom 4 25-08-2005 10:19 AM
A strange sight at Home Depot...nothing strange at all about their practice! Roy Gardening 3 01-04-2004 07:41 AM
Leaf mould Rufus United Kingdom 2 29-11-2002 10:50 AM