Old 07-09-2005, 08:45 PM
gardenlen

Default o/t - gps marks ??

big o/t i know but just in case does anyone know of a web site where
you can get the gps mark for you town?

i did see it on a page at some time but can't remember where.

tia

With peace and brightest of blessings,

len

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.users.bigpond.com/gardenlen1
Old 07-09-2005, 10:35 PM
SG1

Len
do you have an official rainfall recorder for the Bureau of Meteorology? If
so, they have the lat/long for all sites. Just a thought
Jim

Old 08-09-2005, 01:33 AM
Rod Out Back

Len, Give me the town, and I can do it for you. I have Garmin Metroguide,
which has all Australian towns on it.

If you can give me the town name, you could then download Google earth, and
see imagery of your town, with lat & long included.

Cheers,

Rod.......Out Back

Old 08-09-2005, 02:03 AM
Terry Collins

gardenlen wrote:
big o/t i know but just in case does anyone know of a web site where
you can get the gps mark for you town?

Do you mean survey marks?
For NSW, you would go to what was/is called the Land Information Centre.
or the water board or a number of other places who could sell you a nice
little map of each point with the LAt/Lon + errors.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:05 AM
gardenlen

g'day rod,

thanks mate

gunalda 30k north of gympie app'

tia

snipped

Old 08-09-2005, 02:07 AM
gardenlen

g'day sg1,

i'll go check the bom rainfall chart site don't think they take
official records from gunalda anymore though i did see it somewhere
online after we moved up here but can't remember where.

ta

snipped

Old 08-09-2005, 03:16 AM
NetPlus Micro Computers \(Shaw Goh\)