Old 05-04-2003, 06:33 AM
Gabra

Default Peas

Alright, did another silly thing. I decided this year to change a spot where
I was growing sweet peas (not edible) into an edible peas spot. Yes, I
realised it would be problematic but I thought there would be no problem
because all my sweet peas were red so I'd just pull out the red ones and
leave the other ones. I grew the edible peas from seeds I found in pea
straw--LOTs of seeds, and used pea straw as a mulch.

So lo and behold ALL my flowers are red. What colour are edible pea flowers,
does anyone know?

--
Gabra
'gabbyingATyahooDOTcomDOTau'

Old 05-04-2003, 06:33 AM
Chookie

In article ,
"Gabra" wrote:

So lo and behold ALL my flowers are red. What colour are edible pea flowers,
does anyone know?

Usually white.

A packet of seeds doesn't cost much, you know!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

I don't regard myself as a fanatic. I just have handy milk dispensers.
-- Lee, misc.kids
Old 05-04-2003, 06:33 AM
Rita Bogna

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002 17:01:57 +0800, "Gabra"
wrote:

Alright, did another silly thing. I decided this year to change a spot where
I was growing sweet peas (not edible) into an edible peas spot. Yes, I
realised it would be problematic but I thought there would be no problem
because all my sweet peas were red so I'd just pull out the red ones and
leave the other ones. I grew the edible peas from seeds I found in pea
straw--LOTs of seeds, and used pea straw as a mulch.

So lo and behold ALL my flowers are red. What colour are edible pea flowers,
does anyone know?

It depends on the variety of edible pea, but they are mostly white or
purple.

Rita.