Old 19-03-2006, 07:40 AM posted to aus.gardens
PatC

Default 2 yr old Rose in plastic packet

Hi
I got a gift of a climbing rose 'Sir Lincoln', it's in a packet with
instructions on how to prepare the soil & plant it, but it doesn't say when
to do this, I need to know if it's OK to do it now?
I've alway's have been lead to believe that you should only plant roses in
June - July.
It I don't plant it now, how does it stay alive?
Thanks

Old 21-03-2006, 12:37 AM posted to aus.gardens
Farm1

"PatC" wrote in message
Hi
I got a gift of a climbing rose 'Sir Lincoln', it's in a packet

with
instructions on how to prepare the soil & plant it, but it doesn't

say when
to do this, I need to know if it's OK to do it now?
I've alway's have been lead to believe that you should only plant

roses in
June - July.

Plant it now if it suits you to do so. Roses in containers can be
planted at any time but they will need more care (ie watering) if
planted int eh middle of sumemr.

It I don't plant it now, how does it stay alive?

You water it and keep it alive by looking after it. Those plastic
bags are not good for keeping roses alive long term unless they are
well looked after. They tend to cook the roots if the bag is left out
in the sun.

Old 21-03-2006, 12:25 PM posted to aus.gardens
PatC

Thanks
I will plant it now, it's not in thesun, I've put it in the garage.
Will do it this weekend & hope it turns out in splendid blooms ?maybe in
spring.?
Heres hoping & thanks again.