Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-06-2006, 06:50 PM posted to aus.gardens
RamRod Sword of Baal

Default Tasty Tomatoes

I am sure this has been answered many times before, but I have just found
this area.

A million years ago when I was a child we had great tasting tomatoes.

I lived then near Barmera, South Australia, and we grew our own.

I now live in the suburbs of Cairns in Far North Queensland, and the
commercially grown tomatoes have little or no taste.

Sure some of this can be attributed to my aging palate, but are there any
types of tomatoes that are full of taste that can be home grown these days?

My garden here is a garden full of tropical plants, for view not for eating,
and I decided to put in a few tomato plants, any pointers on tasty tomatoes
and their growning would be appreciated.