Old 19-08-2006, 02:21 PM posted to aus.gardens

Default deformed oranges

Does anyone know why my washington navel oranges are looking like this?
Could someone hazard a guess?

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e106/ivosha/

They used to look quite normal until this year. The tree is around
twenty five years old, grown in clay soil, watered (although there is
nothing like 'real' rain) and fertilised, and regularly pruned. We don't
know what they taste like because only the dog will eat them.

(my email address is completely fake so please don't send personal replies)

Old 19-08-2006, 11:34 PM posted to aus.gardens

are all the oranges like that or only some? when I was an orange picker as a
teenager (long time ago!) I remember seeing a few like that out of each
crop. No one seemed worried about them and they were the one the pickers
took back to camp. Don't know what does it tho.

u...