Old 19-09-2006, 11:15 PM posted to aus.gardens
Tom Tom is offline

Default Gardenia problem

I noticed yesterday that one of my two gardenias have a sort of white
coating on the leaves, they seem to be small individual dots (looks like
dandruff lol). to touch they feel a bit greasy.

Sorry if I used too many technical terms!

Thanks

Old 20-09-2006, 01:36 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Tom"
I noticed yesterday that one of my two gardenias have a sort of white
coating on the leaves, they seem to be small individual dots (looks like
dandruff lol). to touch they feel a bit greasy.

I suspect your gardinia, like mine, has soft scale on it. Mine is best part
of 30 years old, and been in its current position for 15 years, and never
before had a problem. Best tell tale sign of scale is ant activity.

Spray with White oil on a coolish day when no rain is expected, and all
dandruff will suffocate nicely.

The Lady Gardener

Old 20-09-2006, 01:08 PM posted to aus.gardens
Tom Tom is offline

"The Lady Gardener" wrote in message

"Tom"
I noticed yesterday that one of my two gardenias have a sort of white
coating on the leaves, they seem to be small individual dots (looks like
dandruff lol). to touch they feel a bit greasy.

I suspect your gardinia, like mine, has soft scale on it. Mine is best
part
of 30 years old, and been in its current position for 15 years, and never
before had a problem. Best tell tale sign of scale is ant activity.

Spray with White oil on a coolish day when no rain is expected, and all
dandruff will suffocate nicely.

The Lady Gardener

Thanks for the tip, I will give White Oil a go...
This one has been in the same place for 10 + years too
Tom

History And Care Of Gardenia Plants And Gardenia Flowers BobWalsh Gardening 12 19-02-2012 04:30 AM
gardenia problem Jenny & Mark Brodie Gardening 2 01-10-2005 07:29 PM
Gardenia problem Bonnie Gardening 2 25-09-2004 05:02 AM
Gardenia problem Robert North Carolina 9 18-03-2004 09:53 PM
Gardenia Susan Gardening 2 02-03-2003 05:39 AM