Old 07-10-2006, 01:25 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Onion Weed big time - Help

"Terryc" wrote in message
John Savage wrote:

I believe I've heard Graham Ross (Ch 7) say that the only way to have
any success in getting rid of onion weed is to use an eye dropper and
drip
a couple of drops of neat Zero straight down into the crown of the plant
so
it runs into the heart and kills all the bulblettes in the cluster.
Repeat
this exercise each Spring.

I will bet that he has never actually done this in reality.

Unless he has a pocket-hankerchief lawn....

--
Never, ever forget that...um...

Old 07-10-2006, 02:05 AM posted to aus.gardens

Thanks for all your replies and advise.

I have contacted the supplier and they are sending somebody out to have a
look.

I have to say,they really didn't waste any time getting back to me after my
email to them,which I hope is a positive sign.

I have a bit of a stockpile of the Garden Mix that I never used, and the
bloody stuff is even growing in that.

I will post the outcome.

Greg

"Nancy" wrote in message

"Greg William" wrote in message
Hi,

I did some landscaping last year and put in about 10 Ton of "PREMIUM"
garden mix (at about $50.00 per ton)

I got this from a very reputable supplier,thinking it would be "weed"
free.

Every where I have put this "soil", heaps of onion weed has come up and
is thriving!

I have notified the supplier of the problem,to see what they have to
say,but what is the best way to get rid if it?

I have used roundup ,and ended up killing some other plants as well as
the onion weed

A lot of it is not real easy to get too, as its growing up under other
plants.

TIA

Greg

Same thing happened to me except in Esperance WA it was $100 a ton.
I kept pulling the onion weed out as it grew.
I have been doing it for a year and it seems to have nearly all gone.
You have to keep on top of it or it seeds very quickly, hence another lot
pops up.
good luck
Nancy

Old 07-10-2006, 02:46 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Nancy" wrote in message

"Greg William" wrote in message
. au...

[...]

Good Luck with that....Dont settle for anything less than complete
removal of onion weed and new soil...

Onion Seeds versus Onion Sets John Vanini United Kingdom 7 06-08-2007 12:16 AM
Onion Seeds versus Onion Sets John Vanini Edible Gardening 17 27-07-2007 04:12 PM
Onion weed Ian J Robinson Australia 4 10-10-2006 12:00 PM
onion weed removal? speed45 Australia 4 18-09-2005 08:59 PM
Duck Weed!! Duck Weed!! Duck Weed!! Troy Church Ponds 7 05-04-2005 09:22 PM