Old 21-06-2007, 11:44 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default People who know everything

"Jonno" wrote in message
FarmI wrote:
"Jonno" wrote in message

Do you reckon I mighta been a bit harsh?

Yes. And hypocritical. But of course you'll say you were just being
funny.

Roberta wrote her posts using impartial language. She called you no
names. All she did was to disagree with you. Unfortunately the same
cannot be said for you.

In posts previously he told me he was told he had b***ls.

You've got your facts wrong several times in your post, but I'm sure that
won't bother you.

So we used a
4x2 and played cricket. I dont need to be told.
I have got no answer to this lack of humour.

Well perhaps it is a matter of taste. I like humour to actually be funny or
clever at the very least. I grew out of puerile school yard antics decades
ago.

I reckon he may be a church going man.
Using the term "ask\@itshall be given" as his address, seems to confirm
this.

I hope your advice on how to give cats a mild electric shock is better than
your ability to make logical conclusions based on the use of a minor
literary allusion.

I gave up on hypocritical church going people eons ago. And I still dont
regret rejoining the human race.
Ideals are great but not necessarily "ideal".
Being a bit naughty with Roberta was all in fun.

Well you fulfilled my prediction on what you'd say.

You and others may try to justify killing cats and being rude to Roberta as
just being 'fun'. I don't find this in the least bit funny. It is probably
more correctly termed 'bullying'.

You had a go at Roberta based on misunderstanding what she wrote. You and
HC then play the blame game when your silly comments aren't considered to be
amusing. Such need to apportion blame makes you both sound needy.

Old 22-06-2007, 02:44 AM posted to aus.gardens

FarmI wrote:
"Jonno" wrote in message
FarmI wrote:
"Jonno" wrote in message

[...]

There was no prediction. You said the flaming obvious, as did Roberta.
But if you reckon youre a prophet, start on something a little harder.
You and others may try to justify killing cats and being rude to Roberta as
just being 'fun'. I don't find this in the least bit funny. It is probably
more correctly termed 'bullying'.

I/We did not justify killing cats but were killing ourselves with
laughter that you take these things so seriously.
It may appear Roberta was also being a bit rude to others. You wouldnt
be prejudiced by any chance?
But she ought to get of her high perch.

You had a go at Roberta based on misunderstanding what she wrote. You and
HC then play the blame game when your silly comments aren't considered to be
amusing. Such need to apportion blame makes you both sound needy.

There was no bullying involved.
I didnt ask for advise.I was told in a "polite" way that alluded to a
modern society. But as we are all able to adjust to situations, we all
knew this, at least I did.

Some serious things like some else having a fall is funny, as long as it
doesnt happen to you. But in reality we are all concerned and a
psychologist may be able to explain why we find this funny. Google it if
you wish to know. I may do this myself.
I am sorry that someone applied too much "juice" frying the cats
previously. I certainly realise the dangers and adjusted the information
so people werent going around being dangerous. I am sure that most
people who correspond here are not so stupid.

As far as being needy is concerned, you have been told what you need.
A sense of humour.
So I'm sorry Roberta, but it wasnt called for.
Interpret that any way you like. An apology if you like.

Farm1 Consider yourself Zapped again.
Old 22-06-2007, 10:29 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Jonno" . wrote in message
FarmI wrote:
"Jonno" wrote in message
FarmI wrote:
"Jonno" wrote in message

[...]

Of course I said the flaming obvious! It was flaming obvious what you would
HAVE to say to justify your name calling and hypocricy to Roberta. You were
just being funny! I'm afraid I've heard that too many times to fall for it.

as did Roberta.
But if you reckon youre a prophet, start on something a little harder.
You and others may try to justify killing cats and being rude to Roberta
as just being 'fun'. I don't find this in the least bit funny. It is
probably more correctly termed 'bullying'.

I/We did not justify killing cats but were killing ourselves with laughter
that you take these things so seriously.

I think you said it yourself earlier in the thread: get real! The early
part of the "cat remedy" thread was a few people being juvenile about
zapping cats. Fair enough. I can ignore such silliness as it doesn't
interest me at all.

Roberta had every right to post a serious response in the "cat problem"
thread and to be treated seriously without ridicule. But that was the
option you chose.

You did so not only in the "cat remedy" thread but by way of introducing
another thread with the current subject line. I then posted. Once, to the
"cat remedy" thread about killing cats and then to this thread which you
specifically began to have another go at Roberta. And if you think that
giving this thread a subject line of "People who know everything" isn't a
way of having a go at someone then you are very wrong. Roberta made no
claims that could possibly lead to you inferring that she was claiming to
"know everything". She in fact gave quite sound advice.

To claim that you were killing yourselves with laughter that "we" took
things so seriously is a silly statement. You were killing yourselves with
laughter because you thought you were being funny. Roberta came into the
thread when you still thought you were being funny. I came into the threads
to tell you not only that you weren't being funny but that you were being
rude and I did that after you ASKED advice on your harshness. You and HC
may be killing yourselves laughing but you're laughing about simply being
rude and then trying to blams others for not seeing things you way.

It may appear Roberta was also being a bit rude to others.

Well if it appeared that way to anyone then they can't read well.

You wouldnt be prejudiced by any chance?
But she ought to get of her high perch.

Why should she get off any perch? She is as entitled as you to say anything
she chooses in this or any other public forum.

You had a go at Roberta based on misunderstanding what she wrote. You
and HC then play the blame game when your silly comments aren't
considered to be amusing. Such need to apportion blame makes you both
sound needy.

There was no bullying involved.

I've heard such statements before and it's always supposed to just be all in
fun. You set out to denigrate Roberta's opinions and she is just as
entitled as you to say what she likes. It was your decision to be rude to
her and to start a new thread. Take responsibility.

I didnt ask for advise.

You must have Alzheimers! You started this very thread by writing: "Do you
reckon I mighta been a bit harsh?" You DID ask for advice. I'm giving it.
If you don't like it then you shouldn't have asked.

I was told in a "polite" way that alluded to a
modern society. But as we are all able to adjust to situations, we all
knew this, at least I did.

Some serious things like some else having a fall is funny, as long as it
doesnt happen to you. But in reality we are all concerned and a
psychologist may be able to explain why we find this funny. Google it if
you wish to know. I may do this myself.
I am sorry that someone applied too much "juice" frying the cats
previously. I certainly realise the dangers and adjusted the information
so people werent going around being dangerous. I am sure that most people
who correspond here are not so stupid.

As far as being needy is concerned, you have been told what you need.
A sense of humour.

I already have one but it doesn't involve finding slapstick stuff at all
humorous and especially when it involves pack attacks and possible cruelty
to animlas.

What you need is to not be deliberately rude and especially after you've
been told that you misunderstood someone's post and to then continue to
claim it's about being funny and that it's the other person's fault for not
finding your stuff at all funny.

So I'm sorry Roberta, but it wasnt called for.
Interpret that any way you like. An apology if you like.

Farm1 Consider yourself Zapped again.

Not even slightly humourous.

Old 27-06-2007, 11:23 AM posted to aus.gardens

The good use for the fried cats is planting them under new citrus trees - I
once had a row of citrus down the driveway - everyone had its own little
bundle of slow release fertilizer - I the neighbours only knew I was
returning something that belonged to them when I gave them surplus fruit -
lol

Though I wouldn't suggest it under a courtyard tree :-)

"Jonno" wrote in message
u...

Jonno wrote:
Oh goody here comes our first victim.
Here kitty kitty.

ZAAAAAPPP Got him!!!

HC wrote:

"Jonno" wrote in message

Do you reckon I mighta been a bit harsh?

Yes. And hypocritical. But of course you'll say you were just being
funny.

Roberta wrote her posts using impartial language. She called you no names.
All she did was to disagree with you. Unfortunately the same cannot be
said
for you.

Mmmm.....maybe!! You flick the switch and I'll keep a lookout!!

Jonno wrote:
D'Ya reckon its safe to start electrocuting em agin?
We really shocked tha last one.

HC wrote:

ROFLMHO!!!

Jonno wrote:

Well, its not often one gets one if you know what I mean.\HC wrote:

Harsh?........you??? nah, never!!

;-))

Old 29-06-2007, 10:16 AM posted to aus.gardens
HC HC is offline

Gee whiz does that mean I should look every gift horse in the mouth??
ROFLMHO!! Today I was given some home grown tomatoes......makes me
wonder if I should eat them?? Then again maybe they were planted in
the courtyard!! LOL

Geoff & Heather wrote:
The good use for the fried cats is planting them under new citrus trees - I
once had a row of citrus down the driveway - everyone had its own little
bundle of slow release fertilizer - I the neighbours only knew I was
returning something that belonged to them when I gave them surplus fruit -
lol

Though I wouldn't suggest it under a courtyard tree :-)

"Jonno" wrote in message
u...

Jonno wrote:

D'Ya reckon its safe to start electrocuting em agin?
We really shocked tha last one.

HC wrote:

ROFLMHO!!!