Old 31-08-2007, 01:32 PM posted to aus.gardens

Default Dangerous times...

A leafblower rage...
http://tinyurl.com/2sab2p

What are the feelings of people regarding these monstrosities? I reckon
they are a bane on society.
Jock

--
'A fanatic is a waverer who made a decision', G. Bomans

Old 31-08-2007, 02:35 PM posted to aus.gardens

"Jock" wrote in message
A leafblower rage...
http://tinyurl.com/2sab2p

What are the feelings of people regarding these monstrosities? I reckon
they are a bane on society.
Jock

--
'A fanatic is a waverer who made a decision', G. Bomans

I would suggest thumping somebody for anything is extreme. I worked
shiftwork for 15 years and copped a lot of being woken up by building and
loud music around my house. Building I couldn't do much about and for the
music I reasoned with the guy.

I have a blower and use it on jobs but it is usually over in a short time
and I do it after 8am in the morning.

My only complaint would be those that use blowers to blow lawn clippings and
leaves out into a street that was otherwise clean before they arrived. My
own work ethics is to leave a customers house in a better state than what it
was when I arrived. I wish others would do the same.

Rick

Old 31-08-2007, 03:17 PM posted to aus.gardens

Jock wrote:

What are the feelings of people regarding these monstrosities? I
reckon they are a bane on society.

I hate them, mainly because my neat freak husband has 3 of the damn things
and every afternoon around 4.30, he thoroughly blow-vacs our front and back
yard and then blow-vacs the road outside out place for good measure. One day
I am going to wrap one of them around his neck, not because of the noise or
anything like that, purely because of his damn obsession with ridding our
yard and the road of every leaf he can see.

Old 31-08-2007, 07:32 PM posted to aus.gardens

agreed jock,

the obsesive way some use them they are the bain of suburbia, we have
an electric one as we have rather a lot of cemnt to keep cleanish so
about once or twice a month we use the vac part of it, and always
after around 9am through the week day hopefully so as not to distrupt
anyone too much.

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 12:32:09 GMT, "Jock"
wrote:
snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/
Old 31-08-2007, 10:16 PM posted to aus.gardens

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 12:32:09 GMT, "Jock" wrote:

A leafblower rage...
http://tinyurl.com/2sab2p

What are the feelings of people regarding these monstrosities? I reckon
they are a bane on society.

I love my leafblower.

Old 01-09-2007, 05:16 AM posted to aus.gardens

In article ,
"Jock" wrote:

A leafblower rage...
http://tinyurl.com/2sab2p

What are the feelings of people regarding these monstrosities? I reckon
they are a bane on society.

I wonder what time of day it was operating?

They are dreadful things, invariably operated at the time of day that will
cause most annoyance to the neighbours. I can understand professional
gardeners (or owners of large properties) using them, but a broom should be
adequate for the rest of us. Much healthier for the user and the environment.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue
Old 01-09-2007, 08:10 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Jock" wrote in message
A leafblower rage...
http://tinyurl.com/2sab2p

What are the feelings of people regarding these monstrosities? I reckon
they are a bane on society.

I live where no-one could hear one even if I chose to use one but can only
imagine how appalling they must be in suburbia.

I don't own one and nor will I ever. I use a rake and I have at least a 2
acre garden. If I, as a woman of nearer 60 than 50, and having had 2
differing primary cancers and all the treatment that entails can use a rake,
I keep wondering what is wrong with people who need to use a blower.

Old 01-09-2007, 08:24 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Barbara" wrote in message
Jock wrote:

What are the feelings of people regarding these monstrosities? I
reckon they are a bane on society.

I hate them, mainly because my neat freak husband has 3 of the damn things
and every afternoon around 4.30, he thoroughly blow-vacs our front and
back yard and then blow-vacs the road outside out place for good measure.
One day I am going to wrap one of them around his neck, not because of

the noise or anything like that, purely because of his damn obsession
with ridding our yard and the road of every leaf he can see.

Don't hurt your husband. If you live in suburbia, one of the neighbours
will probably do it for you if his usage of them is a frequent as you say.

Old 01-09-2007, 12:28 PM posted to aus.gardens

On Sat, 1 Sep 2007 17:10:26 +1000, "FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

I don't own one and nor will I ever. I use a rake and I have at least a 2
acre garden. If I, as a woman of nearer 60 than 50, and having had 2
differing primary cancers and all the treatment that entails can use a rake,
I keep wondering what is wrong with people who need to use a blower.

It's a matter of time.

It would take me 3 hours to sweep up with a broom. The blower takes 20 minutes.

Old 02-09-2007, 12:57 AM posted to aus.gardens

Jock wrote:
A leafblower rage...
http://tinyurl.com/2sab2p

What are the feelings of people regarding these monstrosities? I reckon
they are a bane on society.

They have one saving grace; they provide a range of cheap (if noisy) ICE
for projects.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:45 AM posted to aus.gardens

While we're at it, here's a video on Youtube to see what sort of unnecessary
noise is created in the pursuit of.. er, (in this case), whatever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlqXTTi3i1I
It's amazing.
Jock

Old 02-09-2007, 10:51 PM posted to aus.gardens

"Jock" wrote in message
A leafblower rage...
http://tinyurl.com/2sab2p

What are the feelings of people regarding these monstrosities? I reckon
they are a bane on society.
Jock

I hate the things. What a waste of non-renewable energy.
Amanda

Old 03-09-2007, 12:09 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Jock" wrote in message A leafblower
rage...http://tinyurl.com/2sab2p

What are the feelings of people regarding these monstrosities? I reckon
they are a bane on society.

I couldn't agree more about these abhorrent things......yes I have one, and
I use it very sparingly, preferring a rake, a broom and paying a gardener!

However every weekend the whole street is treated to hours of these as the
two men who live in houses over the road are both lawn obsessed and loathe
each other with passion. Each, in turn, spends an average of 4 hours loving
their lawns. They mow lawns that should take 20 minutes in about an hour,
and then proceed to whipper snip edges for about 2 hours, alll the while
attempting to play Auld Lang Syne on the throttle of the urban bane. Then
in order to clean up the almighty mess that they've made out comes the
blower vac and we're all treated to another hour of Auld Lang Syne as each
individial errant blade of grass is blown onto a previously clean roadway.
Heaven forbid that either of these perpetrators pick up a broom or rake!

It is widely believed that the world will end if they should mow and blow
at the same time as each other.

To add insult to injury one of these persons has a tree which as it sheds
its leaves, they blow directly into my garden (think wilderness rather than
manicured). It must annoy him that I decline to waste energy picking up his
leaves, instead waiting for the opposing breeze to take them back from
whence they came. This same person is very much the reason why bore
owners in Perth are now facing restrictions - each summer evening at 6pm on
the dot(and prior to restrictions it was all year long - rain hail or shine)
he is out beginning a watering ritual that can take more than 4 continuous
hours. No - his retic is not on a timer, it is all manually operated thus
he knows that he is watering, watering watering. Given that more than 50%
of the water falls on the street (easily seen by the bore stain) one has had
ample cause to wonder at the state of his brain cell. One has also had
ample time to ponder if it had ever dawned on this individual that less
water might mean less mowing on his deeply spongy grass.

Ahhh...........feel much better now

Joanne in Perth