Old 07-09-2007, 11:57 AM posted to rec.gardens,uk.rec.gardening,aus.gardens,sci.environment

Default What flowers would you give someone,who a partner has left you to be with?

Rob wrote in news:1189127875.976413.323900
@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com:

Which flower variety or varieties, would you most want to (seriously
or humorously) send to someone, who a loved spouse or partner of ours,
has left you to be with and please say why, for any flower variety
mentioned.

I'd give them so twelve dozen roses and a note that said, "Thank you!"

Let them mull THAT over for a while.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:44 PM posted to rec.gardens,uk.rec.gardening,aus.gardens,sci.environment

"Mogga" wrote in message
On Fri, 7 Sep 2007 09:28:08 +0100, "CWatters"
wrote:
I recal a film in which the lead actress carries a baby for the devil.

Set
in an appartment block the old lady next door appears friendly but isn't

and
gives her a root of somethig (Tarris root?) to "help" her.

Anyone remember the name of the film and the root?

Rosemary's baby?

Thats the one.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:46 PM posted to rec.gardens,uk.rec.gardening,aus.gardens,sci.environment

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 9/7/07 4:28 AM, in article ,

"CWatters"
wrote:
Anyone remember the name of the film and the root?

Easy - Rosemary's Baby. Good movie, great book

That's the one.

Unfortunately according to wikipedia Tannis Root used in the film was
fictional. Oh well.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:08 PM posted to aus.gardens

I recal a film in which the lead actress carries a baby for the devil. Set
in an appartment block the old lady next door appears friendly but isn't

and
gives her a root of somethig (Tarris root?) to "help" her.

Anyone remember the name of the film and the root?

Rosemary's Baby and Tannis root.

David

Old 09-09-2007, 07:36 AM posted to rec.gardens,uk.rec.gardening,aus.gardens,sci.environment
No Name

"Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
Which flower variety or varieties, would you most want to (seriously
or humorously) send to someone, who a loved spouse or partner of ours,
has left you to be with and please say why, for any flower variety
mentioned.

Daisies, or something bright, like 10 AM. Just to show him or her that
you've moved on and that you're happy that they're happy

But then again, if they believe in AGW then kick him or her to the curb.

Old 09-09-2007, 01:11 PM posted to rec.gardens,uk.rec.gardening,aus.gardens,sci.environment

"Val" wrote in message

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
Is it just me, or does that paragraph seem like it was written by George
W. Bush?

BWHAhahahahaha The only thing missing was a stumbling drawled
"new-cue-lar" inserted into the garbled grammar.

"Fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me - you can't git fooled
again."

Val

That's right. All of us with Southern accents are bumbling idiots. We aren't
even smart enough to figure out why the "accept everyone who is different"
Democrats are losing their hold on the South.

Old 10-09-2007, 12:04 AM posted to rec.gardens,uk.rec.gardening,aus.gardens,sci.environment

"Val" wrote

Didn't the ****Tard's re-election prove his own assertion wrong?

Old 10-09-2007, 12:05 AM posted to rec.gardens,uk.rec.gardening,aus.gardens,sci.environment

"MFLyons" wrote
That's right. All of us with Southern accents are bumbling idiots. We
aren't even smart enough to figure out why the "accept everyone who is
different" Democrats are losing their hold on the South.

Who gives a flying ****? AmeriKKKa is a useless second rate nation
anyhow.