Old 27-11-2007, 11:16 PM posted to aus.gardens

Default Beautiful rain

0tterbot wrote:

one other thing i do find annoying (not about YOU ;-) is water-panic in the
legislative populace. grey water is the main one - people seem to treat the
subject with an element of near-hysteria i find frankly mystifying.

Well, mistakes happen you see and if someone screws up on a valve in the
sewerage water recycling to drinking water plant, URK!.

My 2c is there is nothing wrong with a dual water quality system; low
quality, consisting of recycled sewearge water and collected stormwater,
for gardens and toilet flushing and high quality filtered for drinking,
cooking and showering.
Old 27-11-2007, 11:29 PM posted to aus.gardens

"Terryc" wrote in message
0tterbot wrote:

one other thing i do find annoying (not about YOU ;-) is water-panic in
the legislative populace. grey water is the main one - people seem to
treat the subject with an element of near-hysteria i find frankly
mystifying.

Well, mistakes happen you see and if someone screws up on a valve in the
sewerage water recycling to drinking water plant, URK!.

eek! although i did mean only in a home-situation (you know, where to direct
your grey-water goodies, and how, and so forth).

My 2c is there is nothing wrong with a dual water quality system; low
quality, consisting of recycled sewearge water and collected stormwater,
for gardens and toilet flushing and high quality filtered for drinking,
cooking and showering.

yes, me too. although i do feel doing it on a home-by-home basis is probably
better.... hm. particularly in light of your comment above.
kylie

Old 28-11-2007, 02:16 AM posted to aus.gardens

0tterbot wrote:

eek! although i did mean only in a home-situation (you know, where to direct
your grey-water goodies, and how, and so forth).

If I could get a economical underhouse water bladder, then I would
consider doing greywater recycling.
Old 30-11-2007, 11:33 PM posted to aus.gardens

"Terryc" wrote in message
0tterbot wrote:

eek! although i did mean only in a home-situation (you know, where to
direct your grey-water goodies, and how, and so forth).

If I could get a economical underhouse water bladder, then I would
consider doing greywater recycling.

i'm not sure how big your garden is, but if it's of any size, i can
guarantee you'll be glad you did ;-)

there's also the possibility of doing the whole thing for free in a
non-council-approved form, but of course i can't recommend such a thing g
kylie