Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-2008, 10:32 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Aquaducts - irrigating Australia

George W. Frost wrote:
"Jonno" wrote in message
Pete wrote:
David Hare-Scott wrote:
"Blackadder XXIV" wrote in message
u...
Has there been a serious study done to see the feasibility of
channeling
water from our far north to some of the drier parts of our continent?
I'm
thinking of a massive pipe and aquaduct system.

Yes several over the last 150 years. The Dept of Water Resources
I think they changed it after getting too much mail addressed
Dept. of Watery Sauces.

Pete

How would you know, what are your sauces?

BBQ and tomato

Ah yes, those sauces are tainted.
They is polluted with american, jerrican and mexican (they cant, only
think they can) ingredients. Oil, petrol and hot peppers, which doesnt
do much for anything. It creates pushy oily pollies and unstable
governments which are a pain in the rear.
Sugggest oil pipelines, which can then be converted to water pipelines.
Much smarter.(Dont tell the Queenslanders)