Old 29-07-2008, 11:15 PM posted to aus.gardens
SG1 SG1 is offline

Default Potatoes

"Jon" wrote in message
u...
terryc wrote:
On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 19:39:53 +1000, Jon wrote:

The problems are sometimes in their hierarchy. You wonder how they get
there...But theyre being weeded out.

Well,I don't know about Vic plods, but NSw plods were characterised to me
as "Always looking for someone to blame". So it hardly encourages
an atmosphere of openess.

That is standard deceitful human nature.
I read a book on the Sydney police enqiury fro mthe local library and it
really opens your eyes about the drug scene and attitudes and how the
crime stats are worked out. No arrests no crime etc.
I wonder how many innocents they put away.
But it would be interesting to read it again.

Basicly too much power & too much time to exercise it. The officers I have
dealt with in Qld have always been professional and I have no complaints or
convictions (had to put that in).

-- Posted on news://freenews.netfront.net - Complaints to --
Old 30-07-2008, 01:54 AM posted to aus.gardens

SG1 wrote:
"Jon" wrote in message
u...
terryc wrote:
[...]

Oh yeah Queensland. Bjelke and power.
Seems they have a nice way of doing things too.
Like when I complained about some Pollie about something I got very nice
letters which contained veiled nicely done threats to "leave it alone"
and the way it was passed from department to department, with me being
kept informed seemed like it was getting to be known to all
Queenslanders. I dont think I'll set up my garden there too soon.
I figured I must have stood on some ones toes...It was a basic open
comment...

No convictions,but close when racing home to plant some seedlings on a
very hot day, but I was never caught...(grin!)