Old 25-12-2009, 09:20 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default E10 fuel

Is E10 fuel suitable to use in 2 and 4 stroke engines, such as lawn mowers?

Thanks.
Kevin

Old 08-01-2010, 12:14 PM posted to aus.gardens
PC PC is offline

On 25/12/2009 8:20 PM, Kevin wrote:
Is E10 fuel suitable to use in 2 and 4 stroke engines, such as lawn mowers?

Thanks.
Kevin

Found this for you...

"Can I use it in my lawn mower?
No, you'll have to stop mowing the lawn every week.

Only kidding, I thought I saw a few people smile at that prospect. The
answer is yes, you can use the 10% ethanol blended fuels anywhere you
use regular unleaded fuel. It can be used in any lawn mower, snow plow,
snowmobile, ATV and any other gas powered engine. There may be some
carburetor adjustment needed, so always refer to your equipments owners
manual before using it."
My answer:
Yes, but if you use it all the time, it may cause some plastics to
degrade. Actually its been used by me and the parts affected would
normally need replacing by the time this happens.
Check with your mower man. to see what types are resistant...