Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-04-2010, 09:11 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default any whipper-snipper experts here?

On 28/04/10 08:18, David Hare-Scott wrote:
Lionel wrote:

No and I am by no means an expert on these things but I will have a
guess. The heavier line pulls harder due to centrifugal force and
this is slowly unreeling it, luckily at a useable rate. In any case
bless the day that you have serendipity and not sod's law at your
house.

I agree with David, the same happened to me.

But as an aside, centrifugal force is fictitious.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centrifugal_force

If I had said the line was unreeling due the greater tension from using
heavier line brought about by constraining rotating objects having a
tendency to continue their motion in a straight line in accordance with
Newton's laws of motion, would it have helped any more in the given
situation? So I said centrifugal force and everybody knew what I meant.

There there, I was just being cheeky .

whipper snipper Sandgroper Australia 19 13-05-2006 01:19 PM
whipper snipper problem mickfarrell United Kingdom 0 05-05-2004 10:30 PM
Which Line trimmer/whipper Snipper? PandA Australia 3 25-08-2003 05:42 AM
Any Walnut Tree Experts here? jhultman Gardening 0 07-08-2003 07:02 PM
Line Trimmer/Whipper Snipper Advice Digger Australia 3 05-04-2003 06:33 AM