Old 24-05-2003, 04:21 PM
Flossie

Default Canna Lily

Hello, I have just bought the most beautiful canna from a fundraising street
stall. Its in a lovely pot and I am happy to keep it in the pot but could
someone tell me what they "like" eg... what do they prefer, pot opposed to
ground, sun versus shade, water requirements.

Thanks in advance

Floss

Old 26-05-2003, 10:21 AM
Bushy

I have a few growing out the back next to were my water tank overflows each
week when I fill it. They seem to love a good soaking and flower much more
often than in a pot. They are often grown in parks and gardens on the Gold
Coast and Brisbane in large plots and seem to be happy in full sun, mine get
the morning and midday sun.

The cows love them particularly after or late flowering and if I open the
gate it saves me running over them with the mower when they get ratty in
winter. I've planted a run of different colours and sizes and the red full
size one seem to be the strongest performer in my red slightly clay loam.

Hope this helps,
Peter

Old 29-05-2003, 12:44 PM
Linda

They are verrrrry heavy feeders - famous around my way for being grown
to pretty up cow sheds, as they thrive on the manure.