Old 21-07-2003, 12:03 PM
Limelight

Default little annoying indoor flies

I have a range of indoor plants and unfortunately with them, I have little
flies.... What can I do to the soil, plant or other to prevent them from
spawning?!

Helen

Old 24-07-2003, 02:33 AM
John Savage

"Limelight" writes:
I have a range of indoor plants and unfortunately with them, I have little
flies.... What can I do to the soil, plant or other to prevent them from
spawning?!

They are probably hatching from within the compost in your potting mix.
Could you seal over the top of the pot up to the stem of each plant
with panty hose? When flies hatch they might be unable to escape and
the colony should soon die out. That's my theory, anyway.
--
John Savage (news reply email invalid; keep news replies in newsgroup)

Old 24-07-2003, 11:02 AM
Limelight

I have a range of indoor plants and unfortunately with them, I have

little
flies.... What can I do to the soil, plant or other to prevent them from
spawning?!

They are probably hatching from within the compost in your potting mix.
Could you seal over the top of the pot up to the stem of each plant
with panty hose? When flies hatch they might be unable to escape and
the colony should soon die out. That's my theory, anyway.

Thanks John, like your answer ;o) Although I'm not willing to try it!

Someone mentioned putting soapy water in the soil.... Has anyone heard of
this working?

Flies around my indoor plantings, suggestions? Brett Miller Lawns 2 07-03-2006 07:23 AM
Help with tiny little house flies!! Genevieve Lawns 4 27-11-2004 12:11 PM
little flies Me Gardening 7 08-10-2003 09:12 PM
Tiny flies- a hazard for young indoor plants? Joe B. United Kingdom 6 20-06-2003 08:08 AM
another indoor question flies past Arwen Long North Carolina 11 01-05-2003 05:34 PM