Old 31-12-2003, 02:54 PM
Bob Young

Default Propagating Kit

Can anyone help with a local supplier of a propagating kit for domestic
use - I am looking for botton heating and mist control.
Alernatively does anyone have plans for the above. It is for outdoor use.
Thanks
Bob Young
Melbourne

Old 31-12-2003, 05:12 PM
Alex

Bob, one such supplier (the only one I know of) is Sage Horticultural,
in Cheltenham. They supply professional and home equipment, and have a
warehouse/showroom which is worth a look, and a good website detailing
products that may interest you -Alex

http://www.sagehort.com.au/

Old 01-01-2004, 06:32 AM
Chookie

In article ,
"Bob Young" wrote:

Can anyone help with a local supplier of a propagating kit for domestic
use - I am looking for botton heating and mist control.
Alernatively does anyone have plans for the above. It is for outdoor use.

Digger's Club sell them by mail order, but their descriptions aren't terribly
clear. I'm ringing them soon to order one and will post about what I buy here.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Jeez; if only those Ancient Greek storytellers had known about the astonishing
creature that is the *Usenet hydra*: you cut off one head, and *a stupider one*
grows back..." -- MJ, cam.misc
Old 02-01-2004, 08:03 AM
Don

Chookie wrote:
Digger's Club sell them by mail order, but their descriptions aren't terribly
clear. I'm ringing them soon to order one and will post about what I buy here.

We have a few of them. There is not much to them. If you were handy you
could make them fairly easily.

Don

Old 04-01-2004, 11:36 AM
Chookie

In article ,
Don wrote:

Chookie wrote:
Digger's Club sell them by mail order, but their descriptions aren't
terribly
clear. I'm ringing them soon to order one and will post about what I buy
here.

We have a few of them. There is not much to them. If you were handy you
could make them fairly easily.

I'm not :-)

I'm not worried about bottom heat for seedlings, just about keeping the
!@#$%* snails out of the trays!

Old 04-01-2004, 01:32 PM
Alex

Solution to keep snails out - cut a strip of flywire, fray one edge so
that the wire ends stick out, and use it as a little fence around your
seedbed/tray by embedding the unfrayed side just under the soil surface.
all soft-bellied sliders will get the message and look elsewhere for
their grub.