Old 21-03-2004, 10:18 AM
Dave Gillingham

Default Colour enhancers for frangipanis?

I have grown a cutting from a plant that was a deep red. In my garden
it is a deep pink. I presume it's a soil difference. Are there any
common chemicals that can modify frangipani colour (in the same way as
hydrangea colour can be modified)?
Dave Gillingham
Old 22-03-2004, 07:04 AM
Trish Brown

Dave Gillingham wrote:

I have grown a cutting from a plant that was a deep red. In my garden
it is a deep pink. I presume it's a soil difference. Are there any
common chemicals that can modify frangipani colour (in the same way as
hydrangea colour can be modified)?
Dave Gillingham

Gee, I'm sorry I can't answer your question, Dave, but a similar thing happened
to me. The lady next door gave me a cutting from her beautiful pink frangipani.
It took quite a while to strike, but is now about five foot tall - and pure
white with the typical yellow throat! The cutting is growing approximately
twenty feet from the parent plant in what I presume is identical soil!

Can anyone throw light on this?
--
Trish {|:-}
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Old 22-03-2004, 09:03 AM
Lady with Lots of Inspirations

I have grown a cutting from a plant that was a deep red. In my garden it

is a deep pink.

a similar thing happened to me. The lady next door gave me a cutting from
her beautiful pink frangipani.
It took quite a while to strike, but is now about five foot tall - and pure
white with the typical yellow throat!

Sorry can't shed light on why, though I have a red frangipani, and gave a
cutting to my mother, who lives about 12 kms away, and hers has always been
a light pinkish one! Hers is in more shade than mine, and gets a bit more
love and attention - perhaps that is the difference.