Old 28-03-2004, 11:17 AM

Old 28-03-2004, 11:19 AM

Old 28-03-2004, 11:21 AM

|| very much appreciated

No worries

--
Tricia

Old 28-03-2004, 11:27 AM
len gardener

Default snake in tree

just saw the pic mick,

my money is on it being a carpet python aka (Morlelia spilota).

enjoy

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

Old 28-03-2004, 11:29 AM
mick

After searching the net and talking to people I am about 90% sure it is a
coastal diamond python,

Best Wishes,

Mick
"mick" wrote in message
Greetings to the group,

I think I may be posting to the wrong group but here goes.Today my dog
Daisy(Jack Russell) was barking and I knew from the sound of her bark

there
was a snake in the back yard,she usually gets a couple of brown or whip
snakes every year but when I got out she was backing off a bit which is
unusual for her and then I saw why there was a snake that I estimate to

be
at least 8 foot long.I came out of the ferns and went into a tree in my
backyard about 6 feet up and just stayed there,it is a beautiful looking
thing.I think it may have ate something because it looked like it was

asleep
and I think that is what they do to digest their food.It is definitely a
phyton but I do not know what kind but what I am trying to find out is

how
long it would have taken to grow that large.I am at Caloundra on the
Sunshine Coast if any one thinks they may know also what type of python it
is,

Thank you Ladies and Gentlemen,

Best Wishes,

Mick

Old 28-03-2004, 01:42 PM
Rod Out back

"len gardener" wrote in message
just saw the pic mick,

my money is on it being a carpet python aka (Morlelia spilota).

enjoy

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

"in the end ya' gotta do what ya' gotta do" but consider others and the

environment

I would also peg it as a Carpet Python. A decent sized one as well, and
looks to be quite healthy.

The cool thing about most of the pythons of this type is they have
heat-sensitive pits under the jaw, which allows them to 'see' via
heat-vision. Makes them pretty good at tracking down the elusive prey.

Very good mouse-catchers; I like having them around. They scare the living
death out of you when you meet them unexpectedly, but they are greats snakes
to have patrolling your ceiling. For some reason, the frog brothers guild
here tend to disagree...

I would also keep an eye on your dog, if it isnt a very big one. The big
carpet snake here years ago used to eat the odd kitten, and the snake in the
pic is bigger than the one we had. A jack Russel is probably too large for
it, but I wouldnt tempt fate...

Cheers,

Rod.......Out Back

Old 29-03-2004, 06:04 AM
len gardener

yeh pat,

go he

alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

Old 29-03-2004, 07:05 AM
len gardener

Old 30-03-2004, 01:09 AM
Pat

Thanks Len

"len gardener" wrote in message
yeh pat,

go he

alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

"in the end ya' gotta do what ya' gotta do" but consider others and the

environment

white snake - white snake.jpg Persephone Garden Photos 1 26-04-2007 10:54 PM
Water Snake = Grass Snake? Terry Pinnell United Kingdom 1 15-06-2005 09:11 AM
Snake--- cool snake story... Gareee© Ponds 0 04-05-2004 02:02 PM
snake in tree mick Australia 0 26-03-2004 11:54 AM
Snake Traps [safe for you & wont harm the snake] james North Carolina 0 26-04-2003 02:56 AM