Old 02-04-2004, 08:24 AM
Cliff

Default Hebes in shade

Hi all,

Just planted some a row of four hebes (wiri vogue) along the southside of a
shed. Gets full sun in summer (maybe 3-4 months), but in shade the rest of
the time. The label said sun/part shade, but looking at them sitting in the
shade today (a brilliant sunny day), I can't help but wonder if they will
struggle there.

Curious if anyone else is successfully growing hebes in the shade?

Cheers, Cliff

Old 06-04-2004, 09:30 PM
freebird

"Cliff" wrote in message
Hi all,

Just planted some a row of four hebes (wiri vogue) along the southside of

shed. Gets full sun in summer (maybe 3-4 months), but in shade the rest

of
the time. The label said sun/part shade, but looking at them sitting in

the
shade today (a brilliant sunny day), I can't help but wonder if they will
struggle there.

Curious if anyone else is successfully growing hebes in the shade?

Cheers, Cliff

I find that they can cope with a fair bit of sun but start to
struggle when it gets too dry. I would prefer a more
shady possie over a too sunny one for them.

barb

Old 06-04-2004, 09:30 PM
Cliff

Thanks for the that Barb.

I asked at the nursery and got two different response - one saying okay, and
another saying they'd probably struggle. I've decided to shift them and put
in sun tolerant azaleas in their place.

Cheers, Cliff

Hebes Pete[_9_] United Kingdom 2 17-05-2010 06:04 PM
Sad looking hebes Kezkitty Gardening 7 06-04-2010 02:41 AM
Online source for hebes in the U.S. Jefffooz Gardening 7 17-08-2004 02:23 PM
hebes gh United Kingdom 2 27-07-2003 08:25 PM
Shade shade shade stephane Boutin United Kingdom 6 18-05-2003 06:32 AM