Old 15-08-2004, 01:46 AM
Andrew G

"Dave" wrote in message

"Andrew G" wrote in message

Follow directions as suggested is best advice. On top of that I've

noticed
that when spraying with a broadleaf killer, using a drench option is

much
more effective. I was spraying with not a high success rate. Then I

noticed
one brand (Hortico) suggested application with a "hortico sprinkle bar".

Not
having one, nor knowing what it was I decided a watering can would be
similar. I walked at a semi fast pace using a watering can to water the

lawn
with broadleaf killer mix. Best kill rate ever. At work we now use

coarser
spray nozzles, with lower pressures for same effect with better kill

rates.
Of course you have to take into accont roots of surrounding plants, and
runoff, and possibly the fact you have buffalo, but on couch it works

great.

Good luck

Thanks Andrew - I think I'll need the luck.

I'll give the drenching method a go on one part of the lawn and the

sulfate
of ammonia on another... what could possibly go wrong!

Ciao,
Dave.

Only thing could go wrong is possible overdosing of buffalo from drenching.
But if the instructions are followed with rates, then it should be ok.

Old 15-08-2004, 01:47 AM
BCL

I sprayed my lawn with Bin-Die a couple of weeks ago and the clover
(which I don't mind as it is green and soft) is dying whereas the
bindis at best look a little sad! Oh well another spray this week.

The really annoying thing is that for nearly 20 years never had a
bindi in the garden and I suspect it was due to the fact that I let
the grass grow really long. Now I am older and mow more regularly they
seem to have flourished in patches

Regards
Bruce
Old 21-08-2004, 09:20 AM
Chookie

In article , "Dave"
wrote:

"Chookie" wrote in message

If you sprinkle clover
liberally with sulphate of ammonia it will die of nitrogen poisoning.

Any ideas what it will do to my buffalo grass?

Nothing -- you might get an extra-green patch. THe advantage of sulphate of
ammonia is that unlike most commercial weed killers, it doesn't hurt buffalo.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Life is like a cigarette -- smoke it to the butt." -- Harvie Krumpet
Old 24-08-2004, 12:03 AM
Dave

"Chookie" wrote in message
In article , "Dave"
wrote:

"Chookie" wrote in message

If you sprinkle clover
liberally with sulphate of ammonia it will die of nitrogen poisoning.

Any ideas what it will do to my buffalo grass?

Nothing -- you might get an extra-green patch. THe advantage of sulphate

of
ammonia is that unlike most commercial weed killers, it doesn't hurt

buffalo.

Great... thanks for the info.

I'll let you know how I go.

Ciao,