Old 08-08-2005, 05:59 PM
Buck Turgidson

Default Best Time To Pull Clover

I have some clover in my lawn that I'd like to get rid of. I don't use
chemicals, so I am wondering when is the best time to pull it out to
reduce the chance of it coming back next year. I have been reading that
it is a perennial, and if you can catch it before it goes to seed, you
can get it under control. I live in Virginia. Thanks for any help.

Old 09-08-2005, 12:29 AM
Rolling Thunder

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 12:59:09 -0400, "Buck Turgidson"
wrote:

I have some clover in my lawn that I'd like to get rid of. I don't use
chemicals, so I am wondering when is the best time to pull it out to
reduce the chance of it coming back next year. I have been reading that
it is a perennial, and if you can catch it before it goes to seed, you
can get it under control. I live in Virginia. Thanks for any help.

Clover in the lawn usually indicates an imbalanced ph factor. For
next year, lay out some lime. That should reduce it. You probably
should have your soil tested for the ph to know how much lime
to put down.

Thunder