Old 29-12-2004, 09:06 PM
Graham Feeley

Default Nodding Violets???

Hi I have somw plants and I was told they were nodding violets, they are
very healthy at the moment as I feed them liquid Chicken manure, BUT the are
not flowering profusely as I have seen them elsewhere.

Is there something that will bring on the flowers???
I put some slow release pellets in the baskets yesterday hoping that that
will bring on the flowering.
Regards
Graham

Old 29-12-2004, 10:08 PM
Mogsy

"Graham Feeley" wrote in message
Hi I have somw plants and I was told they were nodding violets, they are
very healthy at the moment as I feed them liquid Chicken manure, BUT the

are
not flowering profusely as I have seen them elsewhere.

Is there something that will bring on the flowers???
I put some slow release pellets in the baskets yesterday hoping that that
will bring on the flowering.
Regards
Graham

if you want flowers you will need a fast acting fertiliser for flowering,
rather than overall growth. i would suggest something like bloom buster, or
something similar. Your local nursery will have an assortment of fertlisers
for flowering.

Old 30-12-2004, 10:43 PM
John Savage

"Graham Feeley" writes:
Hi I have somw plants and I was told they were nodding violets, they are
very healthy at the moment as I feed them liquid Chicken manure, BUT the are
not flowering profusely as I have seen them elsewhere.

Your high nitrogen manure will cause lots of leaf growth at the expense
of flowers.

Is there something that will bring on the flowers???

Possibly sulphate of potash. Have a look on the pack. And don't apply
any more high-nitrogen manure.