Old 08-05-2005, 11:55 PM
RainLover

Default Shoot report for the Seattle region of the USA

It's so funny... every year the same thing, and every year it tickles
me.

I checked for shoots just last week and found one... just UNDER
GROUND, today, I walked around my groves and report the following:

3 year old Black bamboo: Shooting like mad, some upwards of a foot
high already!

JUST transplanted in Yellow Groove: I was surprised to find 4 new
shoots on a total of 20 newly planted plants. The transplants are 16'
high and around 1.5 inches in diameter... the new shoots seem to be
around 1", but I'll know in a week or two.

JUST, Just transplanted Henon Nigra: Shooting... about 5" high.

My transplanted Dolcis (two plants) both seem to be dying... the
leaves are yellow and curled. I'm hoping the ribosomes make it
though. sadly.... NO SHOOTS.

Ta Ta for now from the west side of the Puget Sound, in the Northwest
corner of the USA, in the Western Hemisphere of planet earth, which,
of course, is on one of the outer arms of the milky way.

James, Seattle (more or less)

What's this about 1st year it SLEEPS?????? (Seattle, USA, Zone 8a) RainLover Bamboo 7 06-02-2006 09:23 AM
Where to get 1 - 2 year old MOSO plants? (Seattle, Washington, USA area) RainLover Bamboo 2 21-01-2006 03:46 PM
Shoot Report in Myakka City FL MyakkaGoldBamboo Bamboo 0 18-05-2005 12:27 PM
Shoot Report das Bamboo 4 08-05-2005 09:16 PM
my Bamboo died?? (New York City Region) Jon Oringer Gardening 0 01-05-2003 05:44 PM