Old 12-03-2003, 10:47 PM
Carlos P.

Default [IBC] Need help:Tree removal

Dear Group,
I have a palm in my home that is growing WAY to big and shading most of my
Bonsai,so unfortunetly,I need to remove it.I can't even prune it anymore
since it's way too tall.The problem is,there's no way,I think,to remove it
without killing the tree.I asked a landscape company and they told me the
only way is to cut it.

There's any other way to kill this palm without cutting it down to the base?
This palm have been living for so long in my backyard that I woould not feel
good killing it this way.There's any product(liquid,injection etc) to do this
in a less cruel way?

thanks very much.

Carlos Pimenta
Miami,FL

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 12-03-2003, 10:58 PM
Jim Lewis

Dear Group,
I have a palm in my home that is growing WAY to big and shading

most of my
Bonsai,so unfortunetly,I need to remove it.I can't even prune

it anymore
since it's way too tall.The problem is,there's no way,I

think,to remove it
without killing the tree.I asked a landscape company and they

told me the
only way is to cut it.

There's any other way to kill this palm without cutting it down

to the base?
This palm have been living for so long in my backyard that I

woould not feel
good killing it this way.There's any product(liquid,injection

etc) to do this
in a less cruel way?

Can't you move your bonsai? Palms don't give THAT much shade.

David Thoreau - Walden

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 13-03-2003, 12:13 AM
kevin bailey

Cruel? It's a tree! And besides, if you had to choose your own death
would you rather a swift beheading or a slow poisoning?

If it's in the way, cut it down and plant a few new baby Palms.

Kev Bailey

---

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 13-03-2003, 12:59 AM
steven hebson

if thyne eye offend thee or tree in this case pluck it out

From: kevin bailey
Subject: [IBC] Need help:Tree removal
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 23:35:51 -0000

Cruel? It's a tree! And besides, if you had to choose your own death
would you rather a swift beheading or a slow poisoning?

If it's in the way, cut it down and plant a few new baby Palms.

Kev Bailey

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

************************************************* *******************************
************************************************* *******************************

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Stay in touch with MSN Messenger
http://messenger.msn.co.uk

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 13-03-2003, 04:44 AM
Shelly Hurd

Carlos,
It's a palm. Your choices are almost nil. However, depending on how big it
really is, it's certainly marketable. Sell it. Lots of developers in your
area will pay you well, and take the tree to boot. Here, a 50 or 60 footer
is worth up to 10 grand to a joker in Vegas, and they send a back-hoe and a
truck to haul it off.
Just my .02.
Regards,
Shelly Hurd Central CA - Sunset Zone 8-USDA Zone 9

Trees do not relate to cruelty.