Old 13-03-2003, 01:36 AM
Marc Zimmerman

Default [IBC] Cascade creation guidance

I was doing a bit of surfing to read more about cascade style bonsai and came across an article (http://www.main.org/bonsai/articles.htm#cascade) about creating a cascade that was written by Masaharu Imazumi. For the most part, the article seems clear, bu
t the second step in the section on Main Trunk Wiring left me a bit confused. The first step described wiring and raffia. Step 2 refers to placing 2 more wires, but seems to read as though they are the only 2. There are no pictures accompanying the article
Old 13-03-2003, 01:57 PM
kevin bailey

As I read it, the first part describes placing wire spine(s) parallel to
the trunk direction. The second describes the usual style of wiring that
is at 45 degrees to the trunk direction that is subsequently placed over
the top of the spines. At least that is how I normally do heavy trunk
bends.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Kev Bailey

I was doing a bit of surfing to read more about cascade style bonsai and
came across an article (http://www.main.org/bonsai/articles.htm#cascade)
about creating a cascade that was written by Masaharu Imazumi. For the
most part, the article seems clear, but the second step in the section
on Main Trunk Wiring left me a bit confused. The first step described
wiring and raffia. Step 2 refers to placing 2 more wires, but seems to
read as though they are the only 2. There are no pictures accompanying
the article.

So, does anyone know how to reach Mr. Imazumi via email (I've tried most
bonsai links to his name but they seem to be defunct. I can get his
snail mail address and phone number online.) so I can send this inquiry
to him, or should I assume that there are 2 or 3 5mm wires on the
trunk, perhaps depending on how thick the trunk is? Or, perhaps someone
else can understand what I seem unable to.

Enjoy your reading assignment.

Marc

********
********
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ: http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/

--
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail
+++++

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 13-03-2003, 02:45 PM
Marc Zimmerman

Marty, Kevin, Carl and all,

By jove, I've got it! Doh!

Once again, it was a matter of not clearly visualizing what was right in front of me. For some reason, I had grossly misinterpreted the use of the first step of wiring longitudinally to mean normal spiral wiring. Why or how I managed to get that notion in
my brain, I don't know. Too used to seeing pictures, I suppose.

Thanks for the help.

Marc

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++