Old 29-09-2005, 02:07 PM

Default [IBC] Bonsai products in Canada

In a message dated 9/29/05 12:02:36 AM, Michel writes:
I hate being Canadian!

Whaddaya mean? You don't get hurricanes or George Bush.
There are products that I am sure are available in Canada that you can use.
Contact the Toronto Bonsai Society or Montreal Botanic Garden & see what they
recommend.
Iris

++++Sponsored, in part, by Bob Pastorio++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 29-09-2005, 03:05 PM
Michel Bourgeois

You don't get hurricanes or George Bush.

:-) You really made me laugh!!!

I am sorry for what I said. What I really wanted to say was than I hate
being Quebecois "in the bonsais context". But I knew the "rest of the world"
wouldn't know the political situation here (in Quebec)!

I LOVE Canada... this is one of the best Country in the world and this is
always what I said to all separatist I meet and since 10 years... I hope I
made at least 10 persons changing their mind about separation.

There are products that I am sure are available in Canada that you can

use. Contact the Toronto Bonsai Society or Montreal Botanic Garden & see
what they recommend.

A friend of mine makes the soil for the Montreal botanical garden so I know
the soil they use and for the moment it doesn't fit with my goal. There is a
difference between a 200y/o trees than you don't want to repot every 2 years
and a 30y/o pre-bonsai than you want to repot every year. The first one you
want slow growing medium in relation of a good drainage and the second one
you want really really fast growing medium than you are ready to water 5
times a day if it is necessary. Be sure I am ready for it! I have all the
automatic equipment for this. All I need is a light weight soil to take
place of a bit of akadama to save money.

My wife and I want to move to Ontario or to Alberta but she is doctor and
she doesn't speak English... it might be dangerous for her clients!!! :-)

Thank you and I am sorry for my last post.

Cordially,

Michel Bourgeois
P.S. There is an English expression perfect for my situation than
unfortunately we don't have in French: I am shovelling the sh... :-)

Old 29-09-2005, 03:35 PM
Andre Slivitzky

here are two place you can buy bonsai thing in Quebec

The first and better:

Bonsai Gros-Bec, Saint-Alphonse-Rodriguez, (North of jolliette)

http://www.intermonde.net/grosbec/

and the other

Les Bonsai Enr, St-Joachim de Shefford

http://www.monbonsai.com/lesbonsais

Old 29-09-2005, 03:42 PM
Michel Bourgeois

They are both friends of mine. Bonsai gros bec are the one who make the soil
for Montreal botanical garden.

Neither know where to find Pumice, Haydite, and cottonseed.

Thank you,

Michel

****
++++Sponsored, in part, by Bob Pastorio++++
****

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

++++Sponsored, in part, by Bob Pastorio++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++