Old 02-10-2005, 04:08 PM

Default [IBC] Perlite & Vermiculite

I would not use either one in bonsai soil.
Iris

++++Sponsored, in part, by Bob Pastorio++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 02-10-2005, 05:34 PM
Sue Marsh

I use perlite in my growing pots, but wouldn't use it in a "finished" or
exhibit one. It's very white (although it will turn green if you water a
lot), and does float to the surface.
I use a mix of yard dirt (I live in Florida so it's mostly sand), top soil,
and perlite for my portulacaria's, holly, and junipers. I use more perlite
in the junipers since they like a fast draining soil. The nice thing about
perlite is it makes the pots easier to pick up and carry! I found one way to
avoid the floating problem is to top dress the soil with gravel or broken
pieces of clay pots, then the perlite isn't visible. My cuttings love soil
with perlite and it gives neat root structures....

Subject: [IBC] Perlite & Vermiculite
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 11:08:47 EDT

************************************************* *******************************
++++Sponsored, in part, by Bob Pastorio++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/g...ave/direct/01/

Vermiculite vs Perlite Ed Gardening 3 10-01-2009 09:00 PM
Perlite and Vermiculite Alexander Fraser Bonsai 1 02-10-2005 05:36 AM
[IBC] Perlite and Vermiculite Billy M. Rhodes Bonsai 0 01-10-2005 11:48 PM
Perlite vs Vermiculite Miss Perspicacia Tick United Kingdom 12 10-04-2005 06:56 PM
Horticultural Vermiculite = Industrial Vermiculite DavidandAllision Orchids 5 29-08-2003 05:22 PM